Please rework slave effects for the non-damage beams

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Salvage cannons, power supply/drain beams, shield supply/drain beams and the astrotechnician all have the ability to have a slave. But loads of those effects just don't work.

What is wrong:
    • The damage pulse literally is useless.
    • Damage beam doesn't have a positive enough effect.
    • Cannons are way too overpowered: they decrease power usage a increase the speed and it has no negative effect. They are currently the onky ones that make sense to use, and that should change.
    Missiles are the only ones that seem to be balanced, don't know for sure though as I never checked to see if their power should be changed.

How to fix the problems:
    1. Decrease the effect of the cannon to about 5 (the stat that increases speed is 10 right now).
    2. Give the damage beam a slight speed boost and a bigger distance boost. A stat of 2 for the speed and a stat of 3 for the range should do.
    3. Give the pulse a use by making it increase range by 1.5 and speed by 3.5
    4. Make all effects use more power compared to the default (about about 1,5x more, this would work really well when used with #5).
    5. Let the standard salvage cannons use half of what they do now (current: 1000 e/s per individual array, new: 500 e/s per individual array).
    This should allow for more options when customising your ship.

How it happened: the effect values were just pasted there from the weapons, which also have damage as a value, but the above listed beams obviosuly don't.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Put a Weapons Balancing Config into the game, where everyone can customize it themselves

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is already in the game you can find all the stats in the blockbehaviourconfig.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Decrease the cannon effect as a primary system or as a secondary?

Reaction score
    i haven't really played with the damage beams and pulses yet so i cant really comment on those. but honestly, id like it if salvage cannons simply could not be linked with anything which would force you to really have to work hard to get your mega salvaging array.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The increased power usage would pretty much make you work hard to get those power reactor modules, and if you want the biggest array possible you'd then have to onky use unlinked salvage cannons.
    The power usage is my way of making it better to and from a certain point in the game, but before and beyond that unlinked would just be better.
    I'm also trying to discourage only salavage - cannon combinations by making those range increases more noticeable.