Read by Council Player facial expressions and other animations

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Originally, this was going to be a suggestion of a specific interface for facial animations, but I realized that the actual goal is to gain some form of animation for the player. Ideally, some way to change their expressions without a total skin change.

Would you agree that animations and more specifically, facial animations, would be a great thing to have?

(Just to put it in here, my original idea was a multi-block style interface for a range of expressions, ideally easily customized, possibly as part of the skin.)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    That'd be a little +.
    And you could change expressions while in chat window (a special window like for faction chat maybe) and just type in a smiley ( ;) :D and the likes)

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    I am one of the many that has long hoped for an astronaut overhaul.. this would be icing on the cake.
    Would not want to suggest anymore windows though, what about just linking expressions and animations with classic chat emotes?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think this would require that the "head" skin be separate from the body skin, which is what I think should happen anyway, for easier customization. And then there could be a simple "face" skin that is simply overlaid on top of the head skin for temporary changes like this. (A game mechanic which could be expanded to make NPCs more unique-looking.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Facial animations sound like they would be complicated by the different player skins. But you could do something similar to Dragon Quest 9 and Fantasy Life, where you have a list of Body animations/Gestures, and the player skin is not modified in any way.

Waving animation
    Fist punch in the air animation
    Dancing animation
    Taunting animation
    Unique animation list for different player races.

Maybe stand in the front window of your ship's bridge, doing a "come at me bro" animation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    -begging on knees
    -gesturing a large fish
    -knee slapping laugh
    -crying into hands
    -fanning away a bad smell
    -tip toe sneak
    -juggle #1-10: juggles whatever item is in the players hotbar, 1 juggles slot 1 and 10 juggles all slots

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I would much rather have model-animations than texture-animations.

Lets Dance!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's cool but there are definitelly more important features to implement.