Planetary Shields

Reaction score
    Now I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who had a planet scarred, if not destroyed by enemies all too easily. What if we could place shield blocks directly onto the planet to act as a defensive measure, giving a defense force more time to mobilize or retaliate?

I'm also thinking about that when shield blocks are placed on planets, their power is buffed (explained by being enhanced by the planet's magnetic field).

What do you guys think? :D

Reaction score
    If I\'m not mistaken, shield blocks actually function properly on planets; however, there is no shield animation when planets are fired upon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dude. This is a perfect opportunity to make something even greater. Have you played Halo 4? The setting of the game is on a planet called Requiem.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Requiem

Now, this is no ordinary planet--this is a Forerunner shield world. It\'s a micro-dyson sphere which encases the entire planet. Now, instead of being lame and placing shield blocks directly on a planet... why not make an entire shield and hull encasing of the whole goddamn thing? Sure, it would be hard to make, but just think about how epic that would be. Now, run along, and make a goddamn shield world.

Reaction score
    I am quite confident that it would look quite ugly due to t being out of boxes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This post his hillarious to me as so many ships are pretty, despite them being made entirely out of boxes.

Have faith, for with a little aesthetic zeal and the power of the great ingenuity of mankind... THE PLANETSHIELDSPHERE WILL BE BE-YOU-TEE-FUULL!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I made one, though the server died and we are getting new planets so i may have to up-size the design, but they look awesome and are more then a wee bit intimidating :3