Planet cores, what should be done with them?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As tthings stand, i have found the best thing to do with planet cores, is to blow them up, removing them from the map. But, there should be more of a use for them.

1 sucking up the liquid, could let up pull out the ores that may have fallen deeper into the plant
    A the heaver ores would be at the center, while the lighter ones would be at the top
    B giving us a sentrifuge or the like, would give us a change for getting ores per block, based on the depth harvested from. Darker to lighter, per depth in the core.

2 the core could cool, letting us mine it again, hoping to get more ores

3 continue the plates through to the center of the planet, removing the core of the issue. So there is no core to begin with

Add to the list as you wish.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like the idea of mining a planet core for a constant stream of resources. As long as the amount mined isn't too over-powered, it would give planets a use other than eating them or blowing them up.

Conceptually I'm imagining a small mining outpost on every planet in a system, returning a modest amount of resources to a station somewhere in the sector via drone.

Cool idea, the rest is just "meh."

Reactions: Atas-Pelangi
    Reaction score
    Hmm,

#1 would line up really well with some of the "continuous resource generation" ideas I've seen.
    IE: place [special] block on a planet, and it auto-generates resources.

#2 would likely be easiest to do by converting the planet-core to an asteroid after so-many game ticks/seconds/minutes. (naturally, configurable like so many other things currently are, even if limited to "when sector is unloaded" like asteroids currently work)

#3, ... I'm not quite certain what you mean.
    If you mean allowing a salvage-beam to pass through the core? I thought they allready did that.
    If you mean allowing a player to pass on through? ... I'd allow it, if it kills them dead just like the Suns do. (Reason: Planet cores are fecking hot, hotter than lava hot, and lava hurts you if you're dumb enough to touch it.)
    Or are you meaning, the "core" of the planet, is instead hiding another, smaller planet?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    What if setting up a certain set of modules on a planet core would give all connected plates a power regen boost? This way players can set up their own shielded bases and such on planets much easier, at the price of still having a destructible core.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm,

#1 would line up really well with some of the "continuous resource generation" ideas I've seen.
    IE: place [special] block on a planet, and it auto-generates resources.

#2 would likely be easiest to do by converting the planet-core to an asteroid after so-many game ticks/seconds/minutes. (naturally, configurable like so many other things currently are, even if limited to "when sector is unloaded" like asteroids currently work)

#3, ... I'm not quite certain what you mean.
    If you mean allowing a salvage-beam to pass through the core? I thought they allready did that.
    If you mean allowing a player to pass on through? ... I'd allow it, if it kills them dead just like the Suns do. (Reason: Planet cores are fecking hot, hotter than lava hot, and lava hurts you if you're dumb enough to touch it.)
    Or are you meaning, the "core" of the planet, is instead hiding another, smaller planet?
    Edited the main ppost due to autocorect on my cell, and added to #3, due to it not being clear enoug, when i slapped it together earlier.

These are but some, of the options for planet cores, as we move on.

Reaction score
    One thing I want to do to the planet cores is the ability to collect the planet cores and attach them to star ships as a powerful but fragile power source and/or attach planet cores to stations for both power and a small stream of resources.

But how is the game supposed to handle multiple planet cores in a single sector as well as allowing the movement of planet cores?

I always wanted to attach massive thrusters to planets and move them across entire star systems, yelling "My power, moves worlds!".