Pixel format not accelerated

Reaction score
    Edit: FIXED Rolled back to JAVA 7.80 and Starmade booted right up. JAVA 8.66 was the issue.

Hello. Been playing Starmade a long time and recently it stopped working. All drivers are up to date and Java is the latest version. Below is the results of the checker. I'm running Windows 10, not sure why the checker didn't pick up on that. I have had issues before, but the game has been running fine for quite a while now.

When I start the game I get the Pixel format not accelerated error. Oddly enough I get a similar error when trying to play Feed the Beast (Minecraft), but Minecraft itself runs fine.

Starmade System Checker Report
    Thu 11/19/2015
    18:41:21.61

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows ....UNKNOWN
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 ....PASS
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS

Attachments

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The checker is a bit dated now, have no idea if it was ever updated since win10 came out.

Pixel format acceleration errors tend to be caused by Graphic Driver issues, check manually and make sure the drivers are all up to date. There is also the chance that the OS doesn't fully support that type of Graphics card anymore.

Suggestions based on what I witnessed from over the years.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    try to rollback to an older java version 8-25 maybe. did read about that somewhere

Reaction score
    The weird thing is that I've run the game just fine on windows 10 before. I have done my best to install the latest drivers, but it is hard to find what the latest driver is. There are a lot of drivers claiming to be the latest but they turn out to be old. I am running the best driver I could find on the Intel website currently. I will try rolling back Java. What version is recommended?

Edit: FIXED Rolled back to JAVA 7.80 and Starmade booted right up. JAVA 8.66 was the issue.

Last edited: