Bug pixel format error?

Reaction score
    I have had this error before it was something about a bad graphics card. today i just got a new desktop pc and it is giving me the same error.What the hell why am i getting the same error.
    I am running on a windows 7 32 bit operating system. and a AMD phenom (tm) 3.00 GHz. Ram 4.00 GB.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    This could be an outdated driver, or broken texture file.

Seeing windows 7 in 32bit mode it should be an outdated driver.
    Please visit the manufacturer homepage of the video card and look for an updated driver.

If this does not fix it;

browse to your hard-disk (C:) and create a new folder.

I suggest using the path:
    C:\Starmade

however, any path not in a protected area from windows will work. ('Programs', 'Desktop', 'Download' and 'My Files' are places that can cause problems. Antivirus scanners block access or scan every file-access and slow down your game without a good reason.)

Now place a fresh downloaded launcher from the official download page

http://star-made.org/download

in that folder and start it.

Now select the correct path in the Launcher:

enter the correct path into the opening dialog:

Hit OK and

let it install the latest version by clicking on:

in the Launcher.

If it does not work then, it could be a different problem.

Open:
    C:\Starmade\StarMade\logs

and send in all files you see in that folder.
    We will check for the source of the problems then.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I have had this error before it was something about a bad graphics card. today i just got a new desktop pc and it is giving me the same error.What the hell why am i getting the same error.
    I am running on a windows 7 32 bit operating system. and a AMD phenom (tm) 3.00 GHz. Ram 4.00 GB.
    Considering this 'new' used computer is likely already five years or older, I wouldn't completely rule out a faulty graphics card, or possibly other hardware such as RAM, either.

Reaction score
    I have got the game to work on a laptop put the game crashes when i get to the begining of the game. it freezes for a moment then it crashes. the funny thing is 3 year ago this game worked fine on this laptop. what else can i do to get this game to work right.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    first thing to do ... upload the log.txt.0 file from starmade/logs and the grafcisinfo.txt from the same directory here.
    just zip them and use upload file to do so

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You are running the game on an old onboard intel GPU i do assume from the grafcisinfo.txt.
    sorry to say so , but you will not have much fun playing the game if it will run at all.
    but check here for the latest driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
    there is a tool to auto identify your needed drivers, maybe that helps

and under the advanced options in the second start menu change use frame buffer to off
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    because of this:
    [FrameBuffer] creating frame buffer 2048 / 2048
    [2015-12-18 12:00:07] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
    [2015-12-18 12:00:07] at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)

Reaction score
    Alright I understand that its an old GPU but I have ran the game game perfectly fine 3 years ago. So I don't understand why its not working. And I did use the intel update. It said it found and installed successfully but on the statues window it says failed. If it was successfully why did it fail it makes no sense. guess I will ever get to play this game again.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sorry but within 3 years of development there have been a lot of changes ... also there have been changes to the OpenGL interface for the grafics that starmade has to rely on without having influence on that.
    so maybe lookout for a cheap grafics card for your PC .. i would suggest a used one because the entire PC is heavily outdated already and spending alot of money on it doesnt make much sense at this point.