Pirates choise of ships

Reaction score
    So I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but on my creative server pirates are not realy original in picking a blueprint they want to use against me. I downloaded some ships from this site for pirates to use but they always seem to pick the same 3 or 4 blueprints along with the isanth type zero's to use. Is this the same for you and is there any way to chanche this? Thank you.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    First make sure the default setting for Pirate use of uploaded Blueprints is turned off. Because else it is going to be a horrible mess to keep track of things.

in the server.cfg make sure this line is set to false and restart the server.

DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE =false //Default option for blueprints not in catalog yet

Now open the Catalog Admin Tab and check EVERY Blueprint for the enemy use tag. Untag all Blueprints except those used by the NPC Factions or ships you like to keep as Pirates.

Take note "I don't know if the NPC is given ships via the enemy use tag as i have not had a need to clean a server post NPC Update"

If all are untagged do the following command while in game:

/despawn_all MOB _unused

This will remove all Pirate ships no longer supported by a Blueprint and Pirate Ships spawned in sectors with no players. The Blueprints are NOT deleted just the spawned ships. The server wil report back how many Pirates "entities" got removed. If you have never used this command and it is an old server then it may drop your connection. As it can be very CPU intensive to clean all Pirates.

This should give you a clean base. Now upload some Blueprints you DO want to use as Pirates and enable the enemy use tag.

Check if they spawn correctly with:

/initiate_wave 1 1 -1

use

/initiate_wave 1 5 -1

To get bigger Pirates to spawn. They spawn based on weight/mass. Try to get a good mix between a level 1 wave and a level 5 wave.

I believe that these days there is also an extra option to directly setup a whole wave of ships to be used by the Pirates. But i have not used that maybe someone else can explain that part.

The ships you set as enemy use will be used by the Pirates and the Trading Guild. The Traders NPC is something else as the Trading Guild!

Reactions: MrGrey1
    Reaction score
    First make sure the default setting for Pirate use of uploaded Blueprints is turned off. Because else it is going to be a horrible mess to keep track of things.

in the server.cfg make sure this line is set to false and restart the server.

DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE =false //Default option for blueprints not in catalog yet

Now open the Catalog Admin Tab and check EVERY Blueprint for the enemy use tag. Untag all Blueprints except those used by the NPC Factions or ships you like to keep as Pirates.

Take note "I don't know if the NPC is given ships via the enemy use tag as i have not had a need to clean a server post NPC Update"

If all are untagged do the following command while in game:

/despawn_all MOB _unused

This will remove all Pirate ships no longer supported by a Blueprint and Pirate Ships spawned in sectors with no players. The Blueprints are NOT deleted just the spawned ships. The server wil report back how many Pirates "entities" got removed. If you have never used this command and it is an old server then it may drop your connection. As it can be very CPU intensive to clean all Pirates.

This should give you a clean base. Now upload some Blueprints you DO want to use as Pirates and enable the enemy use tag.

Check if they spawn correctly with:

/initiate_wave 1 1 -1

use

/initiate_wave 1 5 -1

To get bigger Pirates to spawn. They spawn based on weight/mass. Try to get a good mix between a level 1 wave and a level 5 wave.

I believe that these days there is also an extra option to directly setup a whole wave of ships to be used by the Pirates. But i have not used that maybe someone else can explain that part.

The ships you set as enemy use will be used by the Pirates and the Trading Guild. The Traders NPC is something else as the Trading Guild!
    Thank you very much! I will try this as soon as possible.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Batavium