Pirate Stations not attacking?

Reaction score
    This is my first thread here so try bare with me.

So I just got back into playing this game after about a year of not playing it and I've noticed an issue with the pirate's. I located a pirate station and decided to fly close to it just to snoop around but the strange thing is pirate ships didn't spawn and the station's turrets didn't even bother to attack me.

I would like to know if this is due to the new scavengers that they added which has replaced the pirates or if the pirates are still in the game but some bug is mucking with them?

Hope to get some answers.

Also I did get really close to a pirate station to a point where you would normally just get shredded by turrets but that didn't happen and I was able to fly around with peace.

Last edited:

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is my first thread here so try bare with me.

So I just got back into playing this game after about a year of not playing it and I've noticed an issue with the pirate's. I located a pirate station and decided to fly close to it just to snoop around but the strange thing is pirate ships didn't spawn and the station's turrets didn't even bother to attack me.

I would like to know if this is due to the new scavengers that they added which has replaced the pirates or if the pirates are still in the game but some bug is mucking with them?

Hope to get some answers.

Also I did get really close to a pirate station to a point where you would normally just get shredded by turrets but that didn't happen and I was able to fly around with peace.
    Pirate Stations are all old power which is why they don't attack. Old Power has been completely depricated.

Reaction score
    Pirate Stations are all old power which is why they don't attack. Old Power has been completely depricated.
    Ah that would explain however I did some more exploring around and it turns some pirate stations i'm encountering are attacking me so this makes me wonder if some stations are for some reason getting new power or if it's the scavengers as I do not know if scavengers also use pirate stations or something.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The turrets will fire at you once you free them from their confines. At least, that was my experience a few days ago testing weapons on the stations. They do have solid shields.

Reaction score
    Well thanks for the answers everyone I do have one more question however. Is there any possible way to fix the pirates so they do start attacking by giving them the new power or something? Thanks.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I think if you give them access to a ship built with updated power and weapons systems, yes, they will attack. The new Isanths are updated, I believe.

Reaction score
    I apologize for the late reply. Even though the old power is deprecated, causing all kinds of issues after being disabled in the configurations. The station should still fire, just won't do any damage last I checked, Ive have it turned on back on for a while.

However since the remote control bug has existed the old stations spawn with it enabled by default, preventing the turrets from functioning. Each station I've spawned and turned the remote off then saved. They work again.
    Personally I like the old stations, but I've tried to get the old effects working, but with no luck. The computers no longer connect to the effect modules. Even after making changes to the files replacing the missing information, some will even prevent the startup.
    I thought I'd post to save someone a headache and a broken universe.