Pirate Station redesign

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Was playing today and EASILY captured the whole pirate station with just a 10-block ship consisting of 1 engine 2 powerplants, core, weapon computer and 5 cannons. The prize seems too great for such a little effort. The main problem is that it is designed to be well-protected against medium-to-large ships, and it has nothing to do against such a "battle-bike". Turrets just can't shoot inside structure and thus get easily deactivated/destroyed!

Maybe adding some shield generators to protect turret cores from below or adding more turrets inside the structure could do something with this problem... Or decreassing such an immense prize for such an easy capture... But of course the better way to solve the problem is to redesign station mainframe to prevent player from getting inside on even the smallest ship.

Reaction score
    I think pirate stations would be a threat if there were actual pirates defending them. Turrets are always going to be exploitable on their own , and fare better in support of mobile fighters.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    id prefer them to have re-inforced hulling... but thats just me...

Reaction score
    Agree and Agree. Stations need ships defending, and maybe the turrets using locking missiles (that are used properly). Try using a battlebike (sweetest word ever, btw) when you\'re being dogged by fast missiles and pursued by pirates.

Reaction score
    just create the stations and ships you would expect to see when coming across a pirate station. Take some in game screenshots (F5 hud)(F6 no hud) and post them when your done.

And if you want to take it a step further...

Use a mix of admin commands, faction blocks, and index database to play out what coming across such a pirate station would be like!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Already had that idea, to show is way easier than to explain. Will begin today, but the progress will be a bit slow cause of final exam coming in 4 days.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pirate stations will be designed, I just have been working on the graphics full time first.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So no need to continue work? Fortunately made only frame, it\'s spherical 101 blocks diameter. Supposed to install 6 quad-turret compexes and some missile turrets then decorate this thing... But if there\'s no need to continue...

*** decided to continue work - got interested if that thingy will be competitive enough or I made a mistake somewhere...

Ayatollah_RockNRoller

Meat Popsicle
    Reaction score
    They need ship support, or like he said you can hide inside the station and pick the turrets off one by one with a tiny fighter.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am in my own faction atm and I have destroyed all the Pirates turrets and its build core with my Corvette Class attack Ship but how do I actually capture the base and use the Plex Storages?

The faction Module is Indestructable and Plex Storages are locked from me and I dont wish to destroy them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Pirate faction module is destructable, it just has 99% armor. You will have to attack it for a while or hit it with something big to break it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Regrettably, I\'ve never captured one, simply because whenever I go near one, my computer slows to barely a frame a second :(