Bug Pirate spawning

Reaction score
    What's the dealio....pirates and tradeguild still spawn all my small ships, especially turrets.
    Setting config options on blueprints still doesn't fix it (never has). Setting ownership manually in game, besides being tedious doesn't seem to work either.

Is it really too much to ask that pirates only spawn out of blueprints in the pirate folder?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Those folders named after the AI Factions are only for stations. That said you should be able to set the little checkbox under permissions on a given BP to prevent spawning of that BP.

I don't remember what line in the config it is to stop them from all being auto set to spawn for AI when you make a new world but is there.

Reaction score
    Those folders named after the AI Factions are only for stations. That said you should be able to set the little checkbox under permissions on a given BP to prevent spawning of that BP.

I don't remember what line in the config it is to stop them from all being auto set to spawn for AI when you make a new world but is there.
    Yeah, I found it. Apparantly they did make some changes and fixes. So changing the config files only affects new blueprints. You still have to hit U and manually change permissions & owner on bp you already had. You also need to change owner on imports no matter what.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you are an Admin of the server you don't need to change owner at all. o_O Also the option you found also work when creating a new world, rather than bring in everything checked for AI use it brings it in unchecked.