Phoenix-Tech Ring World WIP 5 km x 5 km Space Station

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I Inspired by Exozen's Ring World, but since it was to big for me to load I began building my own.

You can find Exozen much better version here Ring Plate
    and here Ringworld Core

my attempt so far

Update:
    after some attempts and crashes i've got it up to 5km x 5km rather than 3 km x 3 km

Yes, that is frame work for a second ring i'm adding on, which brings the current size to 5 km W and 5 km L

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Now then....where's the greenery and horrible face-eating intergalactic-epidemic-causing parasite?

Reactions: jstenholt
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Now then....where's the greenery and horrible face-eating intergalactic-epidemic-causing parasite?
    right now it's is just the frame work I will add buildings and trees/parks after i'm done filling up the frame, my plan is for it to be a space city

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Starmade usually bugs out after 5 kilometer long ships are loaded in. It can really only support rendering 3 km of stuff, and that's with an epmty interior. Most people can fly 1 km long ships

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ok what if the ships are 1000-1500m long but then the are docked to one another and then all meet up at a core, like my station?

also thank you for answering the question of how big can i make the station, i was wondering when to stop adding on, now i know

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Honestly anything that extends past 2 kilometers is going to slow you down a bit unless it's literally a stick.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yea it's starting to take it's toll on my computer right now, even though all i've really got is frame work and walls. but i'm going to keep going until i can't build anymore.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    The less physical sides of the thing you have to render the better, although idk by how much that will help. Be sure to fill empty space in the structure if you don't use it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    after estimating the walking speed (approximately 5m per second) i have calculated that to walk around the outer ring would take 45 minutes, give or take a bit. (if i did the math correct)

Reactions: Dire Venom