Pheonix Trade Republic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, I've been developing a ship pretty much built to look like the ones from the disney movie Treasure Planet... Dont judge me.

I wanted one that could fight off some more heavily armed pirates while taking materials from place to place, and serve as an exploration ship. (The reason being my faction heads the server in material transporation and trade). It's almost like an old Spanish galleon, which was it's inspiration. It transports large quantities of valuable goods.

And so the Nautilus Class Frigate was born.

However, for now, it is effective only against small groups. It deals a good amount of DPS, but not enough to defeat any nominally armed capital ships.

One of my finest (and only) builds.

Check it out, give me feedback, and give me ideas for a new ship!

Here is the link for the pictures of the ship (lots of pictures)

http://imgur.com/a/GH6QB#mWSQVrW

See ya'll later.

-Galacticheadache

Reaction score
    Well..... i.... Just..... Wow.....

That is a very beautiful ship you have there, just a personal opinion i think the lava thingy at the front of the engine should convex towards the back, kinda like a deflector sheild on a star trek ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It Sort of does, but I do think I should bring it back totally as well. Im als of adding on two more engines on struts, sort of like a Star Trek ship with the warp nacelles.

Reaction score
    As a founding member of the Phoenix Trade Republic, I can already see some flaws in this design...not the least being the fact that the bottom engine nacelle (the \"canister,\" as it has come to be referenced) can be nearly completely eliminated in favor of a much longer, narrower engine pod (thus reducing the silhouette of the ship). One of the reasons this is important is that that bottom engine nacelle contains a great deal of vital equipment (shields, power, thrusters - or so I have been told by Galacticheadache), and destroying it could essentially cripple the ship. This also allows for the removal of the forward scaffolding/struts for a much more refined look - or, alternatively, the institution of bottom-mounted turrets. The sails will also be worked on for future iterations of the Nautilus (hint, hint Galacticheadache). Overall, it has very strong fundamentals and I look forward to putting together some interesting trade fleets.

On another note, we may also want to incorporate various other features (\"rigging,\" forecastle, side-mounted \"cannons,\" etc.) just for the sake of detail and nitpicky-ness.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe Mr.Deum is absolutely wrong in this respect. Adding on rigging or side cannons will greatly reduce the ship\'s functionality, as it is already fully outfitted.

The \"Nacelle\" is not at all what he refers to it as. It is a large canister on the bottom, yes, but it is no more deadly firing at the more concentrated pod then it is firing at a longer, more strung out pod.

Plus, if the shields on the frigate drop, it isnt like this is going to make much of a difference in a battle, as in any battle in starmade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    And for your information VincoDeum, I do believe the sails look quite nice, and far more presentable than any of yours.

One last thing I forgot to add: The empty spot right before the main cabin is a turret mount.

Reaction score
    I\'m not saying that a longer, narrower bottom \"canister\" would be any tougher...I\'m simply saying that it allows for more thrust (a longer line) and it is also much harder to hit. There is a difference between being more heavily shielded and being harder to hit.

Also, are you working on a turret for the aforementioned turret mounting?