Jammers and scanners should be logic activated

• Should not be activated

• Cloakers should also be activated

• Should be activated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I feel like combat and new kinds of gameplay are missing.
    A big part is because radar jammers and scanners cant be logically activated.
    WHO IS WITH ME!? starmade-screenshot-0639.png
    [doublepost=1487041413,1487041314][/doublepost]Minefields must be constructed.
    AI passing through hostile territory.
    Endless uses.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It would be nice to have some methods to un-cloak/jam warheads and such. I don't know what that would be, just not this.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This request is the equivalent of asking to remove cloaking and jamming from the game.

Scanners will be put on clocks immediately, and that effectively ends all cloaking and jamming.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Radar jamming, cloaking and scanning is broken af in the meta, and needs a change. However, logic is not that change, it would break shit to an absurd level.

This is one thing my friend Heillos made to show off how retarded this would be. It would take up 24x3x3, in other words, 'bout the same size as a chaindrive (cough, cough, most popular download on the logic section of CC by any metric. Don't think people wont use it for its size or complexity if they use my ankle-slapping slab of logic.) It could reduce the time ANYTHING in its vicinity could be cloacked/jammed to five seconds, max. Cloaking would be 100% worthless at that point, as it literally wouldn't matter.

Logic Scanner Concept

Additionally, this thread was made really recently, and was met with one side antagonizing the idea, because of their in game knowledge and expertise, and another side agreeing, whilst failing to back their ideas up.

Scanner Computer activation via logic

Finally, I have my own suggestion on this. I think it's p. balanced, allows automation, and doesn't seem to piss people off.

Recognized by Council - A Way to Relate Jamming, Cloaking and Scanning With Modules.

Last edited: