Password lock system 9-digit 387.420.489 possible combinations

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Hello again people, since I made my previous https://starmadedock.net/threads/system-password-4-digit-256-possible-combinations.7777/#post-112907 , many people ask me if i can build another system with more possible combinations, because 256 combinations seem very few o_O, so now, I bring you a new system, using the versatility of BINARY code, to store password information more efficiently, occupying minimal space.

1. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION

- Only 9 buttons to enter the password in the system (expandable to 15 buttons with a few adjustments).
    - A button to change the mode of operation, key editing mode and normal operation mode.
    - A button to delete the password stored.
    - 3 lights to show the actual situation of the entire system.

2. SYSTEM BLOCKS

The actual system has:
    - A Keypad 9-digits multiplexed to 4-bit (to use the minimum of logical cubes)
    - An array of memory for input / output data
    - Logical comparator 4 bits
    - A countdown automatic activation

3. SOME IMAGES WITH EXTRA INFORMATION

4. HOW DOES IT WORK

- If the system dont have any password stored ORANGE LIGHT is ON (notice if system has nothing stored, any password typed send all time error), if the password is wrong the system send a signal error to RED LIGHT and if the password is correct it send a signal to GREEN LIGHT.
    - To change the mode of operation, button (A) must be pressed, this will enable the button (B) to delete the current stored password in the memory ( the action to change the operation mode, send a signal to the red light when the system goes into recording mode and a signal to green light when in test mode ), when you finnish to set your password, a signal is sent to the red light to confirm the correct operation ( depending on the time set on the countdown )
    - When we introduced our key, we press again the button (A) to make ready our key system to use / test.
    - When the system is in edit mode, the reset button ( B ) will erase the current password, when the system is in test mode, the same button, erase the password entered without waiting for the countdown time.
    - Trying to use the minimum of buttons on the console, I have chosen to put a countdown, when we press any button of the main keypad, it starts counting, if the time span of 5 seconds another Keypad button is not pressed again, the system compare the stored password with the password entered. In both cases, whether correct or not, the system will reset and erase the entered password, preventing the system remains activated ( read the info in point 5 to know how reduce the countdown time ).

5. OTHER EXPANDABLE OPTIONS

- Using the BINARY code, the encryption system can contain a large amount of information, this is the actual configuration and possible passwords of the system i bring to you people:

- For example if we use all possible combinations of 4 bits using 16 numbers:

And now you are wondering ... what if you do not want to use a password of 9 digits? It is as simple as using C & V in the module that gives the results of the comparison password
    If you want use a 5 digits password long, just C&V from 1 ... 5 Flip-Flop to the AND gate and let the others 6 ... 9 Flip-Flops unattached to the AND gate (notice when you enter your password, you must not exceed the size of the password entered, otherwise the system send Error).
    Now, if you want to do the shorter countdown time, you only have to do C & V in the corresponding DELAY-TIMER and the AND gate ( the same AND GATE like for set the size of the password ).

And a easy setup for our Pass-Lock system

If someone wants more detailed information of the configuration of the any different parts, let me know in the post, and if you do not understand something, ask costs nothing.

Password lock system 9-digit 387.420.489 possible combinations

If you like this and you see that may be useful, dont forget give me your "LIKE" ;)

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol nice way to lock people out of areas they shouldn't be only to have them nuke the door to get in. XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice to be able to insert a new password in the same panel, made a code lock myself a week ago but i putted the password in a security room. So what you do is only check if pattern match.

Cheers

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Very nice to be able to insert a new password in the same panel, made a code lock myself a week ago but i putted the password in a security room. So what you do is only check if pattern match.
    Cheers
    Yes, all password systems are based on the same principle, check if the date stored on A is equal to player data input B, the difference between them, is in the method used to achieve, it is not the same as having a locking system easy to open, than a system that requires the user to follow a certain pattern when entering the correct data

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I need to try either this or my four digit one on a ship I'm building to upload here, if I have your permission :)

Very well done!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I need to try either this or my four digit one on a ship I'm building to upload here, if I have your permission :)

Very well done!
    I made a couple of mistakes to post the correct information, i going to fix it and upload the file *.sment for public use :)
    That happens to me, to create the post dead sleep

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Ok... all the mistakes on the post info, and some problems in the system are fixed ( seems i bug some logic blocks when i copy&paste, dont know why happen that )

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    galactus, that is simply awesome! Nice and compact combo-lock system. I've built one of those, but that was before flip-flop blocks so it's quite large, lol.. I do have one serious complaint though, that I didn't think to do it first :P

The one thing I don't think I get is that even when using binary storage, it doesn't seem like there is enough room to store 9 digits in that circuit. It would be 4 flip-flops per number, for a total of 37 just for storing the correct combination. I might very well be missing something though. Is it possible you made a "breadboard" version of this circuit first? That'd probably answer my question. It really helps to understand a circuit when I can float around and see the connections myself.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Hello and thanks Follow Starmadian, thanks to the new logical block Flip-Flop, you can make things much smaller and using less blocks at work ( yess, the old way to do flip-flops consume alot of space). I've done the system can only save 9 binary addresses, from 0000-1001 to store the corresponding numbers from 1 - 9 ( i can use 0 - 9 numbers, but I wanted to put a keyboard with only 9 numbers, only for aesthetic and size ), remember you can store on a 4-bit binary system any of that values from 0000-0001 .... 1111 and that give you 16 address.

When you need to know if the logical value stored in that direction is correct, you only have to compare the data stored with the data entered, and move to the next direction to check the following value, it seems difficult, but in practice it is very easy to understand.

I will create a platform with all system parts have , explaining what each thing do, and how it works together. Surely there will be something that can be improved by using another system ... but now, when all is done and working, I´m too lazy to reassemble and links all again :p:p

Give me 1 day and I'll put in this post to download.