Other things I have noticed since Power 2.0

Reaction score
    I was retrofitting one of my corvettes, and I was able to get the reactor I wanted into it with 100% Stabilization. I then noticed that my old shield setup and thruster setup were draining tons of energy. So I altered those systems to accommodate the new reactor, then I could move shoot and not be draining power.

What I noticed, is that it takes far fewer thruster modules to gain equal/better thrust to mass than before. I also noticed that it does not take anywhere near as many Shield capacitors as it did before to get the same shield strength. I was able to completely remove the ion and the stop systems, the old power batteries, and Aux power, and have gained tons of space within the shell. without having to alter my interior in any significant way.

I then added Stealth, Recon, Combat, chambers, and I still have room left over to add more systems/chambers, armor, internal rooms...etc.

Just my current observations, with other system balances that came along with power 2.0

Reaction score
    There is probably still a lot of balance to do - for instance charging the jump drive seems extremely power hungry and slow (and the jump autocharge should be standard imo).

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Some really cool systems they've added - Just really terrible implentation for others :/
    If they can at least get integrity cleaned up the system would be decent as a whole (assuming the bugs are being worked on as well)

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    Yeah I think needing less thrusters, as you recognised in your ship, is pretty good.

Reaction score
    Some really cool systems they've added - Just really terrible implentation for others :/
    If they can at least get integrity cleaned up the system would be decent as a whole (assuming the bugs are being worked on as well)
    I think the bugs are being worked on, but there is such a huge inundation of bugs with no bug reports, explanations, or examples that it's really coming down to a small number of people who are trying out reported bugs with no knowledge of how to replicate them or just reporting the bugs they find on their own. I don't know how many bug reports are being kept private on Phabricator, but I haven't seen a single new report pop up yet. To make things go smoother, the community needs to be a little more open (if they aren't already opening up to it now) to filling out bug reports and giving steps to replicate the bugs in them. I make an effort to help out where I can. I try to relay bugs I hear about to the devs, but so many people are so vague ("x doesn't work (not explaining, though)") that it's really hard for me to tell what they are talking about. If you find a bug, don't just get frustrated. TEST IT. Then share the bug on SMD or Phab. It will make it to the right people if you do that, and it will be resolved faster.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    there are quite some reports already.
    some without a clue how to reproduce.
    a bunch about shipyards (and yes they are broken, question is if it is even worth to fix them before the weapons changes who may break them again)
    some about turrets .. oh and Warp gates are broken too i guess.

Reaction score
    I mean it is a work in progress after all, and so there are going to be many things that even the testers did not see. Just having fun with what we got at the moment.

On a high note I need to start posting to my WoP page for the ship I was working on before the power update,

Reaction score
    Would have to agree with the OP. What i also discovered is that at least for me it is much easier to just start with first laying out my systems and build the exterior and interior around them. This is probably just me willing to change the perspective but back in the day i had a hard time opening up to this method. I find that now with this method it is much easier to get an actual "spaceship looking" shape out of the systems so i would say it is very much a favorable change for the RP players.

Reactions: Sorimachi