Open Beta of New Launcher

Reaction score
    Greetings Citizens!

It is with great pleasure that we can finally announce the public beta of the new StarMade launcher. The new launcher is the collective effort of every single person at Schine, and we are proud to finally see this day.

The launcher will be our main way of communicating new and exciting developments within StarMade and the community. As new features (both planned and those yet to be foreseen) are developed within the Registry and StarMade in general, the launcher will be updated with the ability to access those features.

We are releasing this version as an opt-in beta on Steam, as well as an optional download on the main StarMade site. In the following weeks, we’ll migrate to the new launcher as the default way of starting up StarMade. During this time, if you notice any bugs or issues, please open a bug report at Phabricator.

If you’d like to download the new launcher, you can find a link on the downloads page of the main site located at StarMade.

You may opt-in to the new launcher on Steam by right-clicking on StarMade in your Steam library, and selecting “Options”. From there, select the “Betas” tab, and enter the beta password:

NewLauncherMeow

Again, thank you for your patience as we’ve built the new launcher, we know it’s been a long time in the works! We hope you all love it as much as we do!

Sincerely,

~ The Schine Team

Thanks for playing StarMade!

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Thank you much, Can't wait try it... :)

edit: I just tried it and I have to say " Great Work!! "

edit 2: I have noticed a few issues, reporting now...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Holy crap, that's a lot of new options under the AI tab...talk about a sneaky update if they all work.

...do they work?

I might have peed a little when I opened the AI tab, please say it works!

Edit: It must have been a bug. I restarted and all the extra options were gone and it was back to normal.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Holy crap, that's a lot of new options under the AI tab...talk about a sneaky update if they all work.

...do they work?

I might have peed a little when I opened the AI tab, please say it works!

Edit: It must have been a bug. I restarted and all the extra options were gone and it was back to normal.
    I'm only seeing the usual difficulty options personally. Really liking the layout on the new launcher though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When I first started I accidentally hit the AI tab and it had options for how far the ai would roam from a course, you could set patrols, and if it would fight or run away if engaged. The whole tab was overflowing with options. It went away when I restarted and I'm kicking myself for not screenshoting it immediately.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When I first started I accidentally hit the AI tab and it had options for how far the ai would roam from a course, you could set patrols, and if it would fight or run away if engaged. The whole tab was overflowing with options. It went away when I restarted and I'm kicking myself for not screenshoting it immediately.
    >teasing intensifies

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Every issue I had with the first one is fixed from what I can tell. Might want to remove pre and archive from the builds list as it hasn't been useed in ages.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i still have them :eek:

Reaction score
    Who is in the council? 403 Forbidden. Makes sense.
    The council page is temporarily offline for the launcher as we are tabulating the results of the most recent election. Normally, this page will show you exactly who is a councilor so you can contact them directly.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wat? I've been checking the dev builds every day at files.star-made.org/build/dev and there is no new build out yet since last release cycle... How the heck are there fancy AI options? Have the builds moved? Was the launcher passing arguments (or not passing arguments) to the game that activate hidden/unfinished features? What?

I mean, I'd guess that AI already had those functionalities, technically, but I didn't know there was going to be a frontend for it; I thought that would all be through the crew system...

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Wat? I've been checking the dev builds every day at files.star-made.org/build/dev and there is no new build out yet since last release cycle... How the heck are there fancy AI options? Have the builds moved? Was the launcher passing arguments (or not passing arguments) to the game that activate hidden/unfinished features? What?

I mean, I'd guess that AI already had those functionalities, technically, but I didn't know there was going to be a frontend for it; I thought that would all be through the crew system...
    I tried to find them via the new launcher, saw fuck all :/
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453907685,1453904851][/DOUBLEPOST]Does the new launcher use the current releasebuildindex and checksums, or are we going to have to change shit again?

D

Deleted member 433088

Does the new launcher use the current releasebuildindex and checksums, or are we going to have to change shit again?
    Tried using the launcher, gave it a bogus install directory at first fearing it might try to install everything beforehand; it didn't. Changed it to the actual install directory, launcher mentioned checking the checksums instead of showing the "starmade.jar is missing" message, and in the end didn't seem to download or change anything at all, so if you were up to date, it seems you should be fine.

Reaction score
    I tried to find them via the new launcher, saw fuck all :/
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453907685,1453904851][/DOUBLEPOST]Does the new launcher use the current releasebuildindex and checksums, or are we going to have to change shit again?
    Correct, it uses the same releasebuildindex and checksums as the previous launcher. We tried to account for every use case we could conceive, however there may be one or two we missed. If you happen upon an instance where the new launcher is not properly identifying a current build, please open a bug report.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ugh cannot see it. School internet blocks Imgur (Not Puush or images hosted on the site though)