On the antimatter cannon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just wanted to point out that antimatter weapons are quite likely the most powerful weapons possible to create, being approximately 23,000 times more powerful than nuclear warheads(energy yield per kilogram) and that shooting a beam of antimatter and having it destroy as little as 1m³ of a ship would pretty much equal to completely wiping everything within 10 sector radius clean.
    This doesn't count as much of a suggestion, so I'm posting it in general discussion instead of features, but personally I would be very satisfied if you replaced the antimatter cannon with a plasma, ion or whatever one.

Reaction score
    this is just a game
    it doesnt mean that its real life,,,,,,,,,,,,
    why doesnt no one get its just a game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You know, this isn't even an argument.
    Since this is just a game, we should make acceleration work backwards, make the background green and all blocks purple. Instead of void the space should be filled with candies and the players should be triangles that shoot lasers when you try to move them.
    The game has materials, physics and conventions based on the real world. There is no need to stick to real life conventions, but it doesn't mean it should have ridiculous inaccuracies. I'm all for sci-fi stuff like time or transluminal travel, structures or spaceships beyond what is physically possible, etc. but only when there are merits to it.
    Also, clearskiesNL, you seriously could at least attempt to keep what you write grammatically and syntactically correct.
    Sorry for sounding slightly offensive, but you're completely missing the point.

Reaction score
    sorry that my spelling is wrong but i aint english alright and btw if you want to add so much stuff put it on one list instead of a whole bunch of topic..
    The game has materials, physics and conventions based on the real world. There is no need to stick to real life conventions, but it doesn't mean it should have ridiculous inaccuracies
    did you see halo and all sci fi games/movies with real life stuff like: space ships (not real yet)
    anti matter cannons (nope)
    so basicly your arugment is incorrect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also said "I'm all for sci-fi stuff like time or transluminal travel, structures or spaceships beyond what is physically possible, etc. but only when there are merits to it.", and space ships, reactors providing infinite energy, etc. all count as such.
    The weakest weapon being called an antimatter cannon doesn't really matter much, and as such I proposed to rename it to a plasma or ion cannon since it won't have much of an effect on game itself, while being a bit closer to reality and having the plus of not bothering people who know what antimatter is.

Reaction score
    how about i dont know uum auto cannon or something
    but yeah try to make a topic about all your ideas in one topic it will keep it more clearer

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I generally keep them all in one topic if they're related but have been told (on other forums) to generally try to make one topic per idea. If I'm not wrong, schema is the boss around here so it's really up to his preferences.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The names of all blocks are made up as mostly placeholders for better ones, so all names are up for discussion.
    While of Clearsky is right, that StarMade is only a game, asmageddon is also right, that anti-matter might be a misleading name.
    Since it's only a name we're talking about, I don't see any problem changing it. There are going to be more weapons anyway, so maybe the anti-matter cannon makes a comeback later.
    cheers,
    - schema

About Topics: imho, one topic per idea/suggestion is better when there is a lot of discussion to be expected. But I don't think, rules about that would make any sense in this state. I'm just glad and thankful people are posting their suggestions and ideas.