On load, docked entities are immobile and slightly angled

Reaction score
    (image ablum)

Hi! I currently got a very obnoxious issues with my ship in construction: It has a bunch of docked entities, and after loading transports on rails are immobile and turrents can' turn. Looking closer, it turns out those stuck entities are docked at a slight angle. Un- and redocking fixes the issue, but that's obviously no solution.

So if this is my turret (barrel only touches base, and base includes the 'disk' above the walls):
    It won't turn, or just a few pixels left and right, as if it's getting stucked. Taking a closer look shows how the docked base is slightly angled. Right side:
    Left side, gap is a bit harder to see:
    I first encountered that issue with my Tram; which runs 100m, has 50+ activation/etc modules and a cabin moving between three stages on the Tram base's rail. I didn't want to report that one because of how complex and weird that construction is; sometimes the cabin, sometimes the base would just boug out like the turret base does. But it happening to a pretty straightforward turret is a lot more worrying and clearer. Here a pic, more in the album link:
    Notably, this has just happened with entities having another thing docked (tram base -> tram cabin; turret base -> barrel). Got an elevator spanning 5 levels and it nevery failed in any way; same way a part of the tram channels ceiling is mounted on a rail and can be opened. Rather new, never seen it fail, while turret and tram fail every single load now.

--------------

Starmadechecker says my PC is fine; stats also should do (I5 4570 and RX470, Win10, 10GB ram). Save is unmodded, but my offline server is pretty old (and shortly in dev version...).
    IIRC the ship was started after the official reactor update in a shipyard, but after encountering bugs like the one noted in the other support thread, I built it outside.

I'd very appreaciate help! I really hope I don't need to give up that thing, it's my first bigger attempt at a real RP ship :/

Last edited:
    Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    Ah, that. The twisting docks is a known bug. The devs have been made aware of this (unfortunately, as you have seen, it is not fixed yet). In my opinion this should be a higher priority because it is a major in-game inconvenience, but work on fixing it seems to have gotten a bit waterlogged when the devs were trying to release the new power.

Reaction score
    Jup, I'll get to it in the evening or tomorrow morning, so I can get you a current BP! Gonna tag you then.

Ah, that. The twisting docks is a known bug. The devs have been made aware of this (unfortunately, as you have seen, it is not fixed yet). In my opinion this should be a higher priority because it is a major in-game inconvenience, but work on fixing it seems to have gotten a bit waterlogged when the devs were trying to release the new power.
    Thanks, good to know it's a known, major bug, and (hopefully) not a corruption of server and craft.

Really bad one though, I do agree. Basically just breaks my craft if I want to do anything useful with it.

Reaction score
    is it possible to get a BP of the thing ?
    i have no clue from the pictures and would like to take a look myself
    Hope this site for uploads is ok, haven't used it before: Uploadfiles.io - Ship_WithTurret-RailProblems.zip

Turret is kinda obvious^^, when you want to take a look at the tram, it's below the pointer. At the time where I created the blueprint, the turret was tilted as above and couldn't turn, while the tram wouldn't move along the rails (but the cabin would move up and down, via the three vertical button stacks on the tram).

The tram is easier to un- and redock than it looks, the core is made to point into the right direction.
    For safety, you might wanna press the "Stage C" button on one of the named buttons on the walls), that makes sure it'll get docked the right way round.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: I've experimented a bit! Wondered if the excessive cabling in the tram tunnel was a cause; replaced most of those ~50 blocks at the floor by 13 (yay for my discovery of wireless blocks!). No chance.

Now, I can report one notable thing: Originally, the moving cabine in my tram did touch the ship with it's walls and also had the bug. After making sure it doesn't touch the ship anymore, it did not bug out anymore and moved up and down without issue. Similar how the turrets barrel always works, but only the base gets stuck.

Another little thing; this did only start happening after a while. Originally, the bug was very rare, but with time (and my ship growing) it became more common, and now it's basically 100%, every single launch (regardless if the sector is empty or got a large shipyard).

So, excuse my uneducated theorizing, I assume these things: The bug might only appear with chain docked entities; it only happens to entities that touch the ship; and the larger (more complex?) the ship, the more likely the bug is to happen.

Last edited: