Old stats display gone?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    So, overall, I like the new release but two things have been bugging me.

1) In a previous version of the game, holding your cursor (or the little yellow build box) over a block on the structure you're working on, would tell you what kind of block it is. This comes in handy when you have multiple blocks on a structure that look alike but are actually different components (for example, looking at two weapons computers from above.

2) In the previous GUI, your name, credits, faction and ship you are in used to be displayed at the top of the screen. Your player health was also shown on the lower left in place of your shield/hull indicator.

My question; where did all this information go? Is it even available anymore?

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, the New GUI, did change things around a bit. But I think these things got changed for the better, because lets face it, you don't really need to see your own name, faction, and ship on the screen all the time. You should already know these things.

as far as your first question about the yellow box and the name of the block. This still appears in build mode. And your credits are visible in both the inventory and shop windows.

cheers, and welcome back to the game :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Player health is on the hotbar. Hold right shift to display block information. Credit count in in your inv, faction is in your faction panel. It's all still available to see, just hidden.