Old planets

Reaction score
    Look, I appreciate the effort that was put into the new hexa/octa/whatevergon planets, but right now they are quite broken IMO and still need a lot of work. For me, exploring and building on a cookie planet was much more fun.

Can someone tell me a way to get the old planets back, or give me a mod to do so? At least until more work is put into the new planets.

Please don't say download an older version, I like everything else the updates bring.

Reaction score
    I believe they are pentagonal, I think they should reintroduce the old planets and fix the new ones,mother wise I'm not building on them for a while

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Unfortunately, you cannot. And seeing as the code is not open source yet, I highly doubt anyone will be able to make a mod for it.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You might still import a flat planet as a sector, right?
    So search for a nice planet in an older version save it and let the admin place it for you ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    just take an old starmade version and play singleplayer

Reaction score
    okay 1. im sorry i have no idea how to do this, but schema is working on the planets so have patience and 2.
    why is the code not open source the thing this game desperately needs is more devs. Not that schema is bad, but teh game's barely changed since a year ago compared to some other games. and the new features are a bit unpolished like the planets.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    He is afraid of theft or something I think. I really don't know.

Reaction score
    okay 1. im sorry i have no idea how to do this, but schema is working on the planets so have patience and 2.
    why is the code not open source the thing this game desperately needs is more devs. Not that schema is bad, but teh game's barely changed since a year ago compared to some other games. and the new features are a bit unpolished like the planets.
    You say have patience for planets, but not for the game as a whole? Just look back at the start of the game- look how far the whole thing has come; Its not like other indie games, where you add new content- this is a massive undertaking of a game, full of issues that need to be solved. Personally, I think that the game has had major achievements with a relatively small team

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    small team? No no no no the only one coding is Schema Kupu and Calbiri were simply support. Now Kupu makes the official textures. Pretty much everything is either Schema or community assistance

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    small team? No no no no the only one coding is Schema Kupu and Calbiri were simply support. Now Kupu makes the official textures. Pretty much everything is either Schema or community assistance
    It's still a small team, every team member has a job to fulfill.

Reaction score
    OK, so I come back to this thread to see some minor fighting, the reason the game isn't open source is because Schema is going to charge for the game when it comes out of alpha/beta. (which I just CAN'T wait to see the forum's reactions to THAT >_>) Of course, if your game is open-source then that means easy piracy.

The game needs many more developers to fulfil its potential IMHO but that isn't financially viable right now. When you total up the cost of being alive with a house, running a website and very few people buying the game you get very little left over. I really am worried that the project might just simply run out of money.

@Thadius Faran No, I think they work voluntary. Realistically if Schema did pay it would be a very small amount. The textures used to be done by a guy named Beetlebear a long time ago but he demanded something stupid for pay like %15 of the profits. For two texture sets.

@DukeofRealms How many people are working on the game right now? Just wondering.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    @DukeofRealms How many people are working on the game right now? Just wondering.

Depends what you mean by working on the game, and depends on whether you mean company instead of game.

Also i'll say something relating to the thread, so it doesn't totally go offtopic. I think it would be cool for old generation (old planets) mode, of course that is a personal opinion of mine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Look, I appreciate the effort that was put into the new hexa/octa/whatevergon planets, but right now they are quite broken IMO and still need a lot of work. For me, exploring and building on a cookie planet was much more fun.

Can someone tell me a way to get the old planets back, or give me a mod to do so? At least until more work is put into the new planets.

Please don't say download an older version, I like everything else the updates bring.
    If you wand those planets on the newest version :

download an old version on an new starmade folder

explore the planets you wand

download the lastest version go on the same universe

go on those planets

should work

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Was hoping we'd get those fully round planets. Maybe it is possible to use the same demonstrated graphical effect on the hexagonal planets to make round yet mineable planets.