NVM, turns out im an idiot lol. (AKA-Default Ship/Station Blueprint W/Attachments Importing)

Reaction score
    So I've been trying to give myself the blueprints of all the factions so i could see what they look like , get ideas and possibly improve them to my liking, and for the most part it worked.

The problem im running into is that any Ship or Station file that contains "ATTACHMENT_#" will not show up in the blueprints window in game,

and even after creating zip files of those ships and stations and trying to import them via the import/export tool i still cant get them to show up in-game, for that matter they don't even show up in the import/export tool either.

and this problem persists even when i delete all "ATTACHMENT_#" files contained in those blueprints, so now im stuck...

So far i haven't been able to find anything about "ATTACHMENT_#" files or importing default ships/stations this way, regardless of how many times i search, so If anyone knows how to import these types of Ships/Stations or even just letting me know its impossible ATM, I'd really appreciate it.

Also sry if this is the wrong thread.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    the 'attachment_#' folders are supposed to be inside a blueprint folder. As in, they are docked parts of a ship/station.
    Make sure they're in the correct location!
    Make sure you've moved the blueprints you're trying to spawn to the correct location too

Reaction score
    ive tried moving the whole folder , for example the file "B190-18" a ship which has several "ATTACHMENT_#" (0-4) found in "StarMade\server-database\The Expanse\npcFactions\Trading Guild\blueprints" and moved the whole file (B190-18) to the blueprints folder " Starmade\Blueprints" but it still doesn't show up in game even when trying to import the file after turning it into a .zip then using the import/export tool.

just to be clear "The Expanse" is my local play world name or single player world name? idk the vernacular to much i always play by myself so...

Oh and i forgot, these blueprints also dont show up in the import/export tool interface after importing.

i even went through the server.cfg and changed it to allow modified blueprints and such. so, idk, its really weird, its only for the ones with attachments though, is it a bug maybe? should i report it? or am i missing something here?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Ok!! OMG I am the stupidest person on the planet...turns out to get it to load i cannot change the name of the file that has said attachments within, taking the base file without the slight name change (i added the name of the faction that is connected to the bluprint, to the name of the file) and voila it works. i have been racking my brain for the past several days even before i made this postand it never occured to me that changing the name of the file was the cause. i am soo stupid... sry for wasting yours and anyone elses time.

This thread can be closed and forgotten now lol

Reaction score
    Nah your right mate, someone else might have this issue and see this and help them :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I looked at this thread purely because of the title lol.

But glad to hear you found a solution!

Reaction score
    _Scooter98_ Guess ill put the original title (or something similar since i cant remember what the original title was)of the thread in brackets, in-case it might help someone else.
    Rixxan thanks, and as for the title, yea i had a total face-palm moment and thought the thread needed a title that was equal to the amount of face-palm i was feeling lol so i changed it.

Reactions: Rixxan