NPC Spawn Block

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    This is a relatively simple idea, at less it sounds simple enough. The idea is to add a block that can spawn an NPCs like that spider thing that used to runaround derelict stations. However this block will only work if an NPC faction spawns the station or it is randomly generated by the server. This way we can create creepy stations with something to scare the crap out of those exploring it.
    Of cours there are a few issues involving line of sight and all that, dont want the NPCs drilling through the walls to get to you. And it might be wise to link the spawners to a logic block so that the borders can eventually turn them off. Of cours destroying said spawner or claming the station should also stop the NPCs from spawning.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    No need to stop the spawning if the ship is claimed. I may want an onboard monster zoo. For reasons. Like punishing boarders. :skull:
    The reason I suggest that was to avoid abuse. Pluss I believe there is another NPC crew system already in the works for player ships and stations.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I already saw spiders.
    Either unkillable player-devourers or respawning behind you for sudden death.

But perhaps the game should also have something that is more afraid of your high-tech exo suit than you have to be of them.
    Tribbles, Pikatchus, ... something more creative... Maybe catch them all for some cross-breeding.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I already saw spiders.

But perhaps the game should also have something that is more afraid of your high-tech exo suit than you have to be of them.
    Tribbles, Pikatchus, ... something more creative... Maybe catch them all for some cross-breeding.
    I dont see why not. I would bet that the spawner could be set up to spawn a number of NPCs all you would have to do is select what one befor you save the blueprint. Of cours if we are getting into something as complex as breeding pokemon, we might want something a little more in depth than a monster spawner.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I already saw spiders.

Hmm, your egg reference made me realise the mechanic is already available for mines.
    If we apply the same mechanic to an NPC spawner, we could easily have this implemented anytime in the near future.
    All it would require is either schema or some other coder to build the spawner block using the existing mine laying block and then add in the necessary features for NPC configuration. And going back to your egg reference, why not have this spawner block be a LoD egg? ;-)