Now go forth, and Make a New Generation of StarWars Ships!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

Still's from the trailer:

Old Star Destroyer and X-wing

SUPER Star Destroyer :O :O o_O

New Star Destroyer, Looks... Bulkier. More Armor. A Ramming Prow. Huh.
    Also, new shuttle and troopships in the foreground. Huh.

New badass.

Can someone please take the gif of it fireing, and add a red orb going left to right in the vision slit?
    Also, please remember to faction and dock all your ships so a pesty protagonist can't steal them from you!

So, what is going on in this scene... New TIE, a troop transport in the back, stormtroopers flying everywhere, and all in the new Star Destroyer's hanger. Nice! Guns seem to be chin mounted, maybe in a rotatable turret?
    Looks a lot like this concept art:

And the old TIE's. White and Black seems to be the new color scheme of them though. Are the wings shorter? I cant tell :/

X-WINGS, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ahem.
    That is all.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    How big are you making it?
    I might try to make one too ;)
    its 800m :) i wonder how it looks behind,ill have to revisit it once we see it.
    but here is a wild idea,what if the upper decks and the bridge,retract inside the hull,making it look like nothing was ever there,and then all you are left with is a huge triangle ship

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't steal my bandwidth with too many pixels :D

>800m is not good currently. Perhaps keep the new rail system in mind.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can uderstand everything except that upside down super star destroyer. We know it is not the Executor, and the original films did not show any other SSD so what gives?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I can uderstand everything except that upside down super star destroyer. We know it is not the Executor, and the original films did not show any other SSD so what gives?
    If that is a SSD they'll just say that Executor wasn't the only one the empire had or that they built more after it.

The EU had a bunch of Executor-Classes anyway so it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if the new movie canon decided to take the same explanation as Legends where "Imperial Black Budget" was the explanation for why they seemingly appear out of thin air despite such a massive warship never being referenced before.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    update,30% done,1000m with the added front part
    ill consider uploading few pics when im 50% done

Reactions: jayman38

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I think the old TIE and the new one are one in the same. The new one is just the rear end, might have a turret? Need more research...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I think the old TIE and the new one are one in the same. The new one is just the rear end, might have a turret? Need more research...
    Nah they're definitely not. Check out the burning TIE on the OP. The engines and the rear end are totally different from the traditional TIE. I wouldn't be surprised though if we see the old school TIEs used by the new Imps though.

Oh yeah, speaking of the new Imps, apparently these guys are called the "First Order" according to this image that I assume came from the latest Star Wars celebration.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    its 800m :) i wonder how it looks behind,ill have to revisit it once we see it.
    but here is a wild idea,what if the upper decks and the bridge,retract inside the hull,making it look like nothing was ever there,and then all you are left with is a huge triangle ship
    I have always been a huge fan of massive triangle ships. I think we should wait for the official update and all the weird rail bugs to be fixed before making that thing tho :D

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    In the first trailer, we have TIE's with Black panels. The classics. The second Trailer we have TIE's with White panels, the new version I guess. And we also got a TINY glimpse of the new "HEAVY" TIE fighter, with those coil/cog things on the wing struts, and what seems to be a slit for a viewport instead of the bubble, and has a chin mounted heavy blaster that has rapid fire, and the shots are much closer together. The Cockpit also looks bulkier than the original/standard TIE's. Might contain missile/torpedo launchers with a limited magazine.

What happened to the TIE Interceptors? Not enough pilots to fly it? Apparently in the cannon, it was VERY hard to learn how to fly it without killing yourself. Or making a turn faster than the inertial dampeners could compensate, and passing out in the middle of the battle. Maybe they realized that the standard TIE was better somehow? Where is the TIE advanced? The TIE bomber?

Speaking about the TIE Bomber:

NEW FFG X-WING WAVE 8 TIE BOMBER VARIANT CONFIRMED:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Speaking about the TIE Bomber:

NEW FFG X-WING WAVE 8 TIE BOMBER VARIANT CONFIRMED:
    Holy crap, and here I thought the TIE Interdictor I was working on had enough dakka. I need to make this, or at least the shell right, right now!

Edit: wait, you sure this is legit? Those extra ordnance pods look kind of like they're shopped onto a TIE Interdictor miniature.

Reactions: Master_Artificer