Not sure if bug or ridiculous beam+beam nerf

Reaction score
    my current WIP ship has a main gun on it thats beam+beam+ion at 2100 blocks each. after testing them out a minute ago for the first time in a few weeks, 1 shot completely drained my cap. I can't read the energy cost amount, for some reason it says 0.0 consumption, and currently my ship has 50mill Ecap which is emptying instantaneously. When i first built the gun, it was draining about 1.8mil p/s.

I thought maybe i missed an Ion effect cost increase, so i unconnected my Ion effect and shot again. Again, it drained all 50mill cap. So, i checked the stats again. Now i can read the E consumption, and it says 31mill E p/s., 31 million?!? on a 2100 block beam gun 100% slaved with no effect?

Just to test, I unslaved to the beam and slaved to the Ion effect and was firing just fine at about 1.5mil E p/s.

Please tell me this is some bug where beam+beam slave is accidentally massively increasing E consumption.

Edit: Let me add that, connecting Ion effect to weapons seems to bug out the weapon stats, because any time I use the Ion effect the weapon reads 0.0 energy consumption

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Beam power cost is bugged, is known, and is suppose to be fixed in the next patch. Shouldnt be too much longer.