Not starting with new Essential Block List

Reaction score
    So not entirely sure where to put this question, so thought I'd try here first. If I should ask elsewhere let me know!

So I just started a new world yesterday before the new patch. I saw the notes about starting players now having more items and I hadn't gotten very far in the new single player game I started up so I deleted that world and began anew, only to see I was still given the same items as before this patch (I get only 5 salvaging modules, and I get a cannon computer and cannon modules, and only a handful of standard armor blocks).

I double checked that it says I have 0.19538 installed, launcher says it's the latest version, I deleted and started new worlds a few times, did a fresh install, but still not getting the new starting player items that's listed in the patch notes.

Is there something I might have missed? I'm at a complete loss here. I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or not either.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Delete GameConfig.xml from the Starmade install folder .. it then should create the new updated version for that on the next game start

Reaction score
    Delete GameConfig.xml from the Starmade install folder .. it then should create the new updated version for that on the next game start
    Thanks! I had to delete the old world again but it did work after that. Seems odd that it isn't replaced with this update, quite a roundabout way to get it to work.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    you could have changed those settings already by yourself ... each new update deleting player custom settings isnt the best of ideas ^^