No updates for months

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It has been over 3 months since we've had anything posted in news and over a month since there was a devblog. Can we get a status update? What's the news with the new power overhaul. The discussion has been very active about the devbuilds. The prototype of the power system was done in September. It is now Mid Movember. Surely we're closing in on a working system, right?

Reactions: kiddan and Thingie
    Reaction score
    "when it's done"

Seriously though I was enjoying the dev blogs but they seem to have died out. It was nice to know to some degree what is going on but now I have no idea. I don't even really like the new power system and I feel like there hasn't really been any progress since factions have come out. I want to hear something but I honestly don't have my hopes up anymore.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I'd love to hear some official talk of the current state of the power overhaul, for sure. Dev build trial and error only goes so far...

Reaction score
    It has been over 3 months since we've had anything posted in news and over a month since there was a devblog. Can we get a status update? What's the news with the new power overhaul. The discussion has been very active about the devbuilds. The prototype of the power system was done in September. It is now Mid Movember. Surely we're closing in on a working system, right?
    you clearly have some trouble with dates... latest devblog is only 1 month and 2 days old.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    I'd say you have some trouble with reading comprehension. He clearly say it's been three months since a news item, which is correct, and then added it's been over a month since there was a dev blog, which you yourself confirmed as also correct.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The power update is a complete remake of the power system, have some patience.
    It's really not a thing you finish in a few months when you need to make sure that everything works correctly and balance it at the same time. While dealing with the community's opinions on the new power. Schine has a lot in their hands right now and it's understandable that it's taking so time.

so erh, go play the dev build or something.

Reaction score
    I assume they decided that the power update comes out in a form, that it makes sense to use the new power over the old one. And that the players only need a few adjustments when the weapons get changed afterwards. Dunno what's up really, just my guess. Maybe the new power and the new shields, the new chambers (like factories on ships) and the corresponding AI are a complicated matter.

Reaction score
    The changes they are making take a lot of time but someone could spare an hour to post an update about what have they done, what are they doing and what needs to be done before the next release.
    Maybe the power system its a change so big that everything else needs to be adapted before the game is functional... in any case it would be great to know what's going on, I'm curious.

Reaction score
    Do turrets work again in the dev build? I haven't gotten to get on in weeks.

Man, being an adult sucks...

Reactions: nightrune

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Well, it would be quite nice if Schine would just go back to the every two week update deadline. Cause I can actually feel happy SOMETHING gets updated or changed which keeps me assured that the Devs haven't gone dark on us or something. Shame they abandoned that way of posting game updates, tbh I am starting to prefer that than these damned 3-6 month updates now...

Reaction score
    They did say that a two-week release shedule resulted in a lot of hurry and unfinished features, that in turn necessitated that these features would have to b patched up after the realease. This also meant that the next realease was being worked on alongside the current release bughfixes, practially doubling the workload of the dev team. That's why they went back to "It's done, when it's done" scheduling so things could be worked on with less of a hurry, and releases could actually be tested and finished properly.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The DEV build is updated every few days. If player are willing to look a bit closer, there is a lot happening right now.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The DEV build is updated every few days. If player are willing to look a bit closer, there is a lot happening right now.
    I know as well but the thing is its hard to understand it all without any word whatsoever from the creators.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    When things were on a more rapid release schedule there was a lot more frequent problems for servers. You never knew if the new update would have potentially damaging side effects. The longer times between releases have brought more stability and afforded server operators more room to breathe and create content instead of scrambling to fix things from rapid updates all the time.

Reaction score
    Weekly dev blogs, even if it was simply "we are working on fixing bugs" were at least good for that. The lack of communications is just terrible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I remember there being mention of an update coming "in a couple of weeks" as it was stated back in august... And it wasn't referring to a dev build if I remember right either... It was supposed to be an info dump on the progress of the new power system

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When things were on a more rapid release schedule there was a lot more frequent problems for servers. You never knew if the new update would have potentially damaging side effects. The longer times between releases have brought more stability and afforded server operators more room to breathe and create content instead of scrambling to fix things from rapid updates all the time.
    I'm not asking for a release. Just an update from the devs on progress being made. I certainly understand these things take time.

Reactions: Thingie