No-Name Dedicated Host, 250 speed,PvP, 24\7

Reaction score
    http://starmade-servers.com/server/749/
    http://starmade-servers.net/server.php?id=2101
    http://starmade.serverlister.com/servers/e8626864514559fd7a21b12027615192/no-name

Server Details:
    Recruiting 1 or 2 Knowledgeable admins. Email([email protected]) me with why I should choose you, and I will email you back with my skype so you can add me if I decide to choose you. 18+ and be mature please.
    Server has no name right now, Will have a forums and website once we come up with a good name.
    250 Speed
    50 Slot(Although I can increase this if need be)
    Drag set to 0 for a more real space experience(Means if your ship will move indefinitely until you stop it, as would happen in real space)
    200000 Starting Credits
    Requires Starmade Authentication
    A.I
    PVP

Dedi Details:
    HDD: 2x 3 TB SATA II-HDD 7.2000 rpm
    CPU: AMD Opteron 3365 Octacore
    RAM : 32x Gigabyte RAM
    Mainboard: MSI 760GM-E51
    100mbit Connection

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello, just a friendly tidbit about zero-drag:

AI-controlled ships are not programmed to actively brake to slow themselves down, nor are they programmed to make any attempt at regulating their speed. Instead, they rely on drag to slow them down. A server I play on tried the zero-drag and reduced-drag thing for a while, it was awful. You end up with AI pirates that slam into your ship at maximum speed, pirates that zoom past you at full speed, attempt to turn and attack you, only to slingshot themselves around your ship and fling themselves off three sectors away, pirates that glitch-out and perma-stick themselves to you, Etc. I\'ve been rammed by multiple AI ships at once, which caused a server-wide lag event.

Also, this game is currently about as stable as Charlie Manson on crack. Disconnects, lag-outs, bugs, Etc occur frequently. If a player gets bugged-out of the server in mid-flight, then reconnects to the server, there\'s a good chance they\'ll be spawned outside of Their ship, and if Their ship was moving....... Tears will be shed. Sure, there\'s the \"Search for last ship\" function, but let Me tell you what\'s going to happen in that scenario:

A play gets discon\'d in mid-flight. After a minute, He reconnects, only to find himself an astronaut floating alone in space, His ship nowhere in sight. He goes to Nav, hits \"Search for last ship location\" and receives the location for His ship, as of that moment when He pressed search. He then hops into a ship core, flies to the listed location, and finds nothing, because his ship is still traveling. And since the search system does not specify what direction the ship in question is moving, the player has no idea where to look from here. The player also cannot re-search for the ship, because he entered a new ship, the ship core, in order to get to this point in the first place.

Sorry for the TL:DR post, and I like the idea of zero-drag, but you should be warned that the game really isn\'t ready for it yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    if empty ships automatically slammed the brakes on. Pirates... who cares about pirates. Disable them altogether. People will be pirates enough, normally they nothing more than an annoyance and something that gets in the way.

Especially for experienced and rich players in large ships, who don\'t do anything about them - their turrets do that for them. It simply makes the game that much more frustrating for all the newcomer pilots who don\'t understand the system yet.