No dead bodies in space please.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    OK this is just a polite request. If we get crew and if ships get hulled in combat I don't really want to see a swarm of bodies wiggling as they struggle for breath in the cold vacuum of space. It's something that would make me avoid all combat. So just saying if you could not do that please. Thank you.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Might as well remove the ability to shoot Dave then. I mean he gets hurts every time you shoot him and he doesn't die in one shot from any of the handheld weapons, it's literally torture for him.
    Jokes aside it would probably be better to make an option to disable "gore" ?

Reactions: MacThule

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That would be fine. I play Borderlands, Secret World, UT blah blah blah so my issue is not with making things dead.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The bodies add to the atmosphere and play on the emotional side of your brain.
    I'm fine with no bodies, because it would likely be a lagg fest.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    No bodies? How else do we watch the cloud of Red Shirts after an incident?! :eek:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah.... nah. Life is suffering, pain is progress :D
    Chances are they wouldnt struggle, just drift untill their lifebars bleed out then disappear.

Reactions: MacThule

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But then where will my blood and skulls come from?

And this is assuming that atmosphere will be a mechanic rather than crew just having space suits on all the time, which seems unlikely. In fact, this overall seems like a pretty far-fetched worry.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    well theres already death animations in the game that can be accessed with commands. sorry to say but I dont think this is happening

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I dunno. I kinda like the idea of plowing through all the crew you "set free from enemy captivity" midway through a battle.

Kinda like this heartwarming tale too:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think this is a valid concern for when more astronaut support systems are implemented in the game, probably after we get basic crew functions. It's worth thinking about these things now. I would support a server option that would allow the clean-sweep removal of crew when a ship is destroyed and a "timeout" timer for entities that are sent floating out into space. (E.g. Maybe treat spaced crew and detached rail entities like block debris. They flip and wiggle for two seconds, then fade away....)

Edit:
    This is a critical element in the backstory for the main character in and title of the Crimson Dark webcomic.

Holy guacamole! He's continuing the webcomic! I thought he had stopped. I need to catch up....

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    As a very sick person, deeply steeped in the art and experience of horror, I have to say BODIES PLEASE!

I'm pretty sure that the hysterical fits of perverse laughter triggered by the inevitable errors, accidents, and catastrophic fails that would result in random, unexpected losses of life support and gravity on ships being modified in use would cause real deaths clientside due to asphyxiation.

Plus combat would be wicked grim. Holy yes please!

Epic level entertainment on multiple emotional fields...

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    No flak here - all love. It's more like... I'm inspired by your awesome vision of frozen corpses drifting through space after a battle and wanted to chime in.

I'd actually be fine either way, but it would be super cool to have the NPCs spilling out of a hull breach like little multicolored pieces of candy from a pinata.(y)

Reactions: Xskyth
    Reaction score
    In the end it might be a commercial decision. IIRC That's the reason World of Tanks has no crew when War Thunder does. It means WoT got an age rating of 7 while WT gets 12, meaning WoT could target their advertising at a wider audience.

So, I guess if people dying agonising deaths in the vacuum of space results in a higher age rating, it's going to depend on what rating Schine is content with the game having.

Reaction score
    I just have it in my head that when sounding "general quarters" everyone puts on a pressure suit. and hooks into the ships life support that way, while all the atmosphere is pumped out. You know, so you don't have to worry about explosive decompression, or fireballs traveling through your interior faster than your bulkheads can seal...

I am in favor of bodies, but I'm also in favor of having it be toggled on and off based on user preference.