Newbie Storage and factory questions

Reaction score
    So I just started playing last week and am having trouble finding some info about storage and factories. I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I have a space station and shipyard but I can't seem to make storage work. I have storage containers and I have them linked to storage areas to try and increase capacity but no matter how many area blocks I build and place, the over capacity of the system never increases. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Additionally, I can't seem to get my factory to output to a container. Where can I find solid tutorial?

Reaction score
    It sounds like you aren't linking the cargo area blocks to your storage boxes and shipyard. In build mode press C on the storage, factory, or shipyard, then press V on the storage blocks you want to link. You can also press shift+V to link groups of cargo space. If you select the storage box (pressing C, orange outline) before placing the cargo blocks it will automatically link them.

To get something like a factory to output to a storage box, you have to enable that storage box to pull all items. Open it up and click on option for setting what to pull, select pull all, and put a high amount like 99999, then activate item pulling. Now, anything you link to that box (C on box, v on linked object) will get its contents pulled out, so link the factory and then anything you craft will be pulled out into the box. Also, you should link the box to your factory so the factory can pull out items it needs for crafting. The same goes with linking shipyards to storage, link them both ways and they will essentially share items between them.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The best way to make sure things are set right is use a build block when setting them down.
    When you are in the build block target the storage module and press C it should be highlighted in an orange box. It will at the same time if everything is correct highlight the cargo containers in purple if the cargo containers are not highlighted that is the problem. The way to fix it is aim put the cursor on them and use shift-v. to set them all at once. It might be that only part of what you put down ended up linked.

If relinking them doesn't fix it then honestly no idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cargo is pretty new, only a few weeks old. We are all newbies to cargo.
    If you haven't seen these before, they might help out. Other then that, it's search and experiment. Cuz that is how we are all figuring it out.

Release Video
    Wiki page

Reaction score
    Still fairly confused. I have storage areas linked to storage blocks. The area is full of creates and pallets but the storage block says it is empty.

Reaction score
    don't worry if it doesn't seem to work. mine only half work. all your cargo boxes, the ones you cant open, start off visible when placed. then you link them to the storage, the one you can look into like your inventory. When done right they get purple outlines and turn a bit invisible and see thru when in build mode. the boxes slowly turn visible as they are filled. that all works for me, but for some reason mine don't realize they are linked. they say 0/100 all the time. but if someone else looks into the box they see the proper number which was like 0/145000 or something ridiculous.

So if you can have a second player take a look at your setup in game, to see if it is the same errror, in which it is actual working but not showing the right numbers to you.

Reaction score
    I will give that a try. I just started playing on a server so it maybe a little different without the creative mode confusion.

Reaction score
    turns out the reason mine didnt work was I was using the mac version of the game. everything works fine with my storage now that I installed on my pc and loaded the same server

now I can just drop the storage, make a 5 x 5 x 5 of the cargos and do c on the storage and shift v on the cargos.