Recognized New Wedge/Corner Block

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I've been building a ship when I noticed there was no block to solve this little goof:

Here's my proposed block, it would allow for wedges that are offset and perpendicular to be able to be smoothed out.

I think it'd be a useful addition. Obviously, it isn't essential, but like wedges and tetras, itd go a long ways to making ships look "polished".

Here is an example of how wedges fail to fulfill this capacity.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What you want is a half corner. It would only be needed in very low numbers, but it's really hard to make places like in your image look good without them. They should definitely be implemented if there are enough IDs left.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    What you want is a half corner. It would only be needed in very low numbers, but it's really hard to make places like in your image look good without them. They should definitely be implemented if there are enough IDs left.
    Ah yes! Half corner! That's perfect. Schema has mentioned that he'd be willing to increase the number of block ID's if necessary, so maybe they would be possible to implement.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I made a post about this in the past but can't find it for the life of me...

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Requested before and still wanted. We've all run into this situation. Worth the Block IDs spent, in my opinion.

Every block has a complement except for the corner block. This could be the compliment to the corner block for future ideas.

Reaction score
    I agree also. It would be nice to have these for certain building projects.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Of the many, many shapes I desire.. this is one of the most needed. Thanks for bringing this suggestion up again!

Reaction score
    This. Is needed. I have trouble making the shapes that I want because of that very problem

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So it is entirely probably that new shapes will be added to the game over time. When I cannot say. At the moment it is not a priority and we might not see new shapes for a while. It probably isn't hard to do which is the great thing.

Reactions: kiraen

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I have had this problem too, but I am willing to own that it is my lack of planning that led me there. It happens less as I get better at building and so infrequently that I would say this is pretty low priority.

I would prefer something simpler: more variety in blocks that can be slabbed ( or, I hate to go there...Multi-stacked)