New Website

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    this is an epic change from the old. I wasn't expecting ti to be this huge.

I noticed that there is a new community content section. I was expecting that. what I wasn't expecting was the fact that is includes mods as well. that is something new. I knew we could mod the game, that's something all communities do eventually. whether the developers support it or not. I've seen enough mods for games that don't to know if it has code it can be hacked and modded. all in all great work I love it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    epic change indeed and thank you schema we can still use old to copy paste WE LOVE YOU (not gay)

Reaction score
    Yes, this is quite amazing. Schema, the only issues is that there is no way back from the registry to the main page.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Disqus feels slow. I'm timing it at around 1.5 seconds to load and display comments (from click to appearance of the comments). The forums aren't any faster, either, (in chrome anyways they seem to be a little slower) but feel faster because they appear to do stuff instead of visibly spinning a wheel.

Also: typing [ i ] stuff [ /i ] doesn't work. Italics doesn't happen unless you use the buttons. The tags aren't passed through (visible), either. It's like they're being eaten without being accepted. Example: stuff.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Disqus feels slow. I'm timing it at around 1.5 seconds to load and display comments (from click to appearance of the comments). The forums aren't any faster, either, (in chrome anyways they seem to be a little slower) but feel faster because they appear to do stuff instead of visibly spinning a wheel.

Also: typing [ i ] stuff [ /i ] doesn't work. Italics doesn't happen unless you use the buttons. The tags aren't passed through (visible), either. It's like they're being eaten without being accepted. Example: stuff.
    Disqus is a little slow, but there's not a lot you can do about it. The web developers on these forums are really skilled (at least, I think they are), so I'd imagine they've tried to lower the amount of time loading takes, but it's probably a set limit of how long it takes the comments system to retrieve from the database and might depend on whether the database system is hosted on another server (I'd expect that it is).

Technically no bbcode should work unless you're using the bbcode editor anyway (if you go with the literal meaning of a rich text editor and bbcode editor), but it does anyway for convenience. I've seen the italics tags work on other forums, so that's probably a bug with Xenforo in this case (unless it was disabled).

Reaction score
    After a short hiatus from Starmade I come back to the forums and am struck with "holy shit everything doesn't look terrible" and I like it. Good job.

Reactions: Nerixel