New weapon types for the update thread (also other suggestions)

Reaction score
    Hey, intending for this thread to be a little repositery for new weapons we think schema should add (and other stuff, this is probably more of a combat suggestion thread really)

I'll start off with my probably retarded ideas.

IDEA 1; NANO WEAPONS

The nano-weapon family would basically be a rough equivelant of the flamethrower weapon, like, it would have some pretty hefty damage over time effects, and be relativley short ranged, with a large firing cone.

When it's a slave system, the master system would have a damge over time ability added, and when it's the master system, it's firing cone would change. Like, if it's the master to a laser, it would have a focused, constant stream of nano-bots, and when it's a cannon, it'd be a somewhat focused, pulsing stream.

IDEA 2; FAIRLY LARGE COMBAT RE-VAMP

Current combat sucks. no doubt about it, it's all about "drill to da core", or "run frim da beeg shep", and that's terrible in my opinion.

I want different ways to screw up/with the enemy.

I would like for shuttles to be more than glorified escape pods.

Fighters should be better than freaking distractions!

To do this, I say we add more lynch-pin blocks, perhaps thrust controllers or Shield regulators (but not necessarily). now I know some of you are gonna go "Just shoot da core" or "aim for da weapon compoopers" or whatever, but I think this'll really add to the game.

With thrust control units for example, it would be more effective for a warship to have different engines with individual thrust control units! with shield regulators, if you take out the regulator-block, it would disable the attached shield blocks, disabling the enemies' shields!, with something like this, tactics and stuff would be rewarded in combat! also, it would require actual aiming skills instead of just using raw fire-power to win your battles for you, which I think would be pretty rad.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Interesting idea with the thrust bit, the sheild system would be really interesting and fun to pllay around with, yet these ideas dont fix either problem: \"Fighters are useless\" and \"Core Drilling\"

Core drilling remains unsolved, because wouldnt most builders just put the sheild regulator in there core room with all of there other CPUs (You know behing those ten layers of shailds and that *cough*usless hull*caugh*

?

Also , Ship combat is not completeley dependant on weapons, it also depends on turning spped, how smart the pilot is, and all the other systems aboard the ship. Although, generally the guy with the big guns is the one that gets out of an engagement alive.

Otherwise really interesting ideas, although those \"nano weapons\" seem a bit much like huge shotgun arrays.

:D

Reaction score
    I would like for shuttles to be more than glorified escape pods.

Fighters should be better than freaking distractions!

Saw this, then -1\'d.