New Weapon Ideas?

Reaction score
    So im thinking we need a fourm for ideas on new weapon systems. Heres a few of mine:

A ac 40 beam cannon it shoots like the beam cannon but it generates a new idea "Heat" as you shoot it it goes up 1% of your heat per second you could ad a new block "Heat Sinks" which add to your max heat. once you over heat (opr reach your max heat) that weapon shuts down for 30 seconds during this time you can shoot your other guns. these take 1 power block to shoot 2 of them.

Reaction score
    the (insert name here) gattling missle is a ammo based gattling weapon. each block holds 50 missiles it shoots 5 times a second if they hit another cannon they will explode so no mass stacking of one cannon behind another one. once the ammo runs out you go to a shop and you can re stock by hitting a re fill ammo button. these also use heat to shoot. each shot does 50 damage with stacks for how big the cannon is each extra cannon adding 5 damage

(ps i need a name for it so come up with one!)

Reaction score
    the optional heat sinks are an awesome twist to broing heat producing lazers.

Sacraficing mass and space for greater efficiency, while forcing bigger guns to be even bigger.

although heat sinks seem better to consume heat per second, not add to your maximum heat.

Reaction score
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1854/ca3l.png

http://star-made.org/content/new-years-news

;)

Reaction score
    i know that these plan to be implemented (hopefully) but here were just brain storming ideas for fun

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    but Schema is already working on those 30 new weapon combinations and balancing. This will cover pretty much any idea for a weapon that is feasible within StarMade while also making room for whatever he sees fit to implement in the future - exponentially adding more combinations with every new basic weapon type.

It all also depends on what the game mechanics will look like in the future - we may see turrets change behaviour or hinges or things like that which will totally change the weapon and ship structure.

Referring to gattling missiles things - what\'s to stop a player like me from making a cannon with 1000 of these, shifting the damage output through the roof? And can you even imagine the lag with 50000 rockets a SECOND?! Even with the limit of 50 rockets per block, thats still 500,000 rockets.....

I mean, yeah it\'s a neat-ish idea but it\'s fundamentally flawed. People would exploit the hell out of it and it\'s ridiculously unbalanced :S I would just go to a shop, buy a ship or turret with all those cannons, swarm everything blowing it all up and then throwing the emptied out ship/turret into the remains of what I just destroyed. It needs a little tweaking ^^

Reaction score
    A bomb exploding in mid-space, generating a multi-directional gravitational pull on ships whitin a certain radius, based on the bomb size. Usefull against fighters.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like the heat idea, because it would make combats more interesting if you need more than 1 different weapon.

initial blocks:

• Reflective shields - makes shields weaker (regen/durability/restore-time), but fire shots back to the attacker (good against high-dps low-hp enemies)
    • Weapons with very high reload time should get a small extra boost if you choose to have them only recover out of combat.
    • Discharge: Depletes all your power into weapon fire, but also damages all the weapon blocks, so you can only use this limited times.

Last-resort blocks (thrusters, weapons, shields, everything):

• 3x efficiency per mass.
    • 10x cost
    • Only useable once.

Reaction score
    I understood that. ;) I posted those links for information purposes only, to help prevent people from coming up with an idea that is already planned, not to squash additional ideas. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe the heat sink could be a new block type that could get slaved to any weapon, giving it burst-fire ability. As long as weapons that shot more projectiles a second weren\'t overly buffed, it could add more strategy to combat.

Also, perhaps the long-distance mine, rather than being a mine with a huge radius, could be a teleporting mine. New properties would be teleport distance and teleport time (to prevent them from being OP-never-missers) Teleports right ahead of the ship (at the time of aquisition,) so slow-moving and/or large targets get hit more often than a small, fast scout.

Reaction score
    it looks like an amc wen it shoots it shoots 1 time a second and each cannon only does 25 damage plus the explode when they hit ANY block to they would be exposed