New Texture Pack suggestions go here - OFFICIAL

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you have a suggestion about the new texture pack, please place it here. I will begin working on fixes and new textures again on Monday ( USA ).

Currently:

- Change sides of thrusters, missiles, etc.. to be more distinct

- Add exhaust to thruster front

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    - I like how the modules now blend into the other (armor) blocks, but maybe add a blinking coloured dot to the center of the faces that are similar to indicate that they are \'special\' and what kind of block they are.

- the weapons controllers and cloacking/jammer blocks look a little too much alike, I keep mistaking them for one another when not using the tooltips.

And thats it for now.

P.S: Are we getting a new ship core? Never been a real fan of the original. : P

Reaction score
    I like the hull look you gave the weapons and thrusters, but maybe some wiring or pipes or other distinctive details on/in the plating would help differentiate between block types

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They seem even less contrasted than red armor blocks.

Also the build block has somehow gone from its neutral blue (which is indeed often associated with blueprints and construction) to being pink(?) as well. Don\'t go overboard with bright colors please.

It is very important to have the gravity block distinguishable from its sides because one often needs to activate it while leaving a planet\'s gravity on foot.

I guess every special block must differ from the grey armor plating, as before. We don\'t want a mess of grey on every ship we build.

I must mention that the border on all lights is still too large. If there are no plans for border-less light blocks, then please at least reduce it on the existing ones. Continuous regions of these blocks are very ugly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Suggestions thread in bug section?

I\'d like to, in controversion, suggest not changing gravity etc blocks and actually leave the screen/\'face\' only on one side. Sometimes I want to have just ship with internal modules blending in and that would be impossible if AI, gravity, console modules would look the same from all sides. Though in inventory, the most noticeable side should show up (so, for example, thrusters won\'t look like hull piece - as they do now). For constructions though, it seems that most of the people having this issue plain forget you can rotate blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If someone has not mentioned this before, then I will. Please add a greater value between the colors.

Example: white more white, so it would stand out more and gives the designs a more luxurious/pure/cleaner feeling and would stand out more next to the grey. They have a little value, but not enough to make a difference, therefore I would use only white, and grey, propably never.

Example 2: or make grey darker. Same as above, it will make a difference.

Reaction score
    This being in the bugs section is very confusing. I\'ll repost my ideas from the official texture thread I guess.

General:Needs a slightly higher resolution. 64x64 would probably be good.

Hull:standard stuff looks like crap, while hardened is a bit too fancy and smooth. All the colors except white are a little too bright; maybe it would be good to have every color of hull come in a darker version and a lighter version (more accuracy for colors of building 1:1 scale models and more variety), with white being the lighter version of grey. Having brown but not orange makes no sense and, at least to me, brown\'s as ugly a color as it gets.

Controller blocks and Gravity:these should be distinguishable from each other no matter what side you\'re looking at. It gets extremely confusing to figure out which block is which when they\'re near each other (common, since they\'re pretty essential blocks needing to be near the core for protection.

Thrusters/Cannons/Beams:just plain ugly, but thrusters are the worst because of their terrible combination of colors. These I feel would benefit the most from an increase in resolution.

Glass:like default Minecraft glass, it has diagonal lines obscuring view and segmentation making long windows just a ton of small windows. Personally I think the tons of small windows is okay on spaceships, but there needs to be either a setting to enable connected glass or a way to change whether the glass connects when building. Take a look at non-default glass in Minecraft with Optifine for glass that actually looks good. Tinting is bad as well.

Shield Disperser:It makes no sense for these to be recolored ship cores. Make them more unique looking.

Faction Module:needs to look more unique as well.

Red Rock:Should actually be at least a little red.