New Testing Proposal

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Scine recently made a proposal to us about the new power overhaul. I have a proposal for Scine. One that like this change, also touches EVERYTHING involved within the current state of the game.

It seems like Scine has quite a few projects in the works. one of those most openly concerning being the controversy upon the new changes to the power system. while their thread about this was a good thing to get us informed about these projects. it caused a lot of , as expected confusion and drama over what these changes mean for the game.

so here is what I propose. lets have a new testing branch for the game called EXPERIMENTAL. this branch will be for such changes like this new power system to be developed so we can actually see them ourselves. This branch is not for general testing or bug fixes like the current DEV branch is. instead it is for us to give feedback upon these new changes so that Scine can decide whether we and they agree upon whether the changes are a good thing for the overall games development or not. this isn't for us to tell them how to develop the game, rather to provide a level of transparency for us to communicate, before things go to the DEV branch for live testing.

my proposal is more rather to change the method for moving forward rather than stopping entirely to adjust the testing and development.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    experimental => Quick dirty implementation; just to play around one feature but may break other stuff
    ||
    V (when the implementation is clean)

dev => Upcoming, but requires bug testing, …
    ||
    V

stable => what peoples play when they don't want to test bugs but balance or just play RP / build ships.