New station missile turrets ignore shields, and hit ships inside mothership.

Reaction score
    Sorry this may be intended but after playing around with the new stations, I have discovered the missile system allows splash damage to pass through shields. I have had whole sections of turrets wiped out with the first volley of missiles from these new turrets. That part may not sound too concerning however they all have over 16k shields. and the missile damage is only around 4k when i looked at it. Then I discovered that these missiles also wiped out ships deep inside the mother ship, which had around 18k shields and where never exposed to cannon fire or anything that would otherwise lower their shields.

After a bit of research on the new turrets, (I took them and used them myself), I discovered that the new missile systems splash damage is what is ignoring shields and destroying everything. After loading these 24/24/24 Missile/Pulse/Overdrive missile turrets on my ship I found they make virtually any other turret obsolete. as long as two or three out of the thirty something turrets get a shot off, every turret and fighter in range is wiped out instantly.

Reaction score
    I can confirm this, missiles go trough shields, blast doors and the whole ship to kill any player and or core that isn't the main ship its self.

Reaction score
    Testing update, loaded a 6/6/4 missile/pulse/overdrive split in two groups on a smaller ship and it was able to destroy all turrets on a larger ship in one blast. further, test showed the missile actually did 5400 damage each to the shields, even though the damage rating said only 1200. I could see the shields drop from 100% to 46%.

I may have missed an update note but I though missiles did not effect shields. If this is not the case and they do. Please let me know. My game says it is up to date so I am unsure if this is in order or not.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419691522,1419690981][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps: I was also able to load two additional fighters with the same missile only setup and a single volley from the two was able to take the loaded pirate ship to 0% shields and overheat the core. I believe the pirate only had about 16k shields, but still I am curious if missiles where intended to now be effective against shields or is it a bug. As prior to the stations being added missiles at least in my game where useless against even lightly shielded ships as long as the shield was up.

Reaction score
    Testing update, after using admin for invisible and god modes I set up a battle between the new alpha station and an anti-missile frigate with 16/16/10 beam/cannon/stop mods. after setting accuracy to 99% at 2km I set them both against each other and noted that the beams seem to pass through the missiles with no effect at all on the missiles. I tested the beams before hand on a fighter and they where easily able to push the fighter away as well as do a constant 8pt stream of damage. At the very least the beams should have been able to destroy the missiles, but having no effect is concerning.