New Panet Destruction Mechanic

Reaction score
    I'm sure most people on here know about the new dodecahedron planets. They're made up of pentagons on all sides and are like a bunch of solid platforms wedging up together to make the dodecahedron. those "faces" gave me this idea.

i was thinking that if one or more of the faces looses significant mass relative to the rest of the faces, the planet could "die" and the faces would drift apart and split at the seams into 12 large chunks, and expose a lava like core. the planet would also loose its ability to "support life" and lose its atmosphere. if blocks are placed on the faces to restore the minimum mass ratio, the planet will reform.

the planet could also be given a solid core, that has hit points, that when damaged enough, will also cause the planet to "die" like i described above. repair beams could be used on the core of the planet to pull it back togeather

this will give a new game play mechanic, and a reason to not completely ravage a planet for it's resources.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    While this sounds like great fun, for 'shattered worlds'... It seems a bit impractical.
    The concept of being able to destroy and restore planets. While it might bring an interesting environmental battle, for players, it seems like something which'd be resource heavy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What your suggesting has allready been mentioned by schema in the post about new planets:
    Schema said:
    The core of the planet will most likely be liquid, and entering it will have similar effects as going into a sun. The core will have a high number of regenerating hitpoints, and maybe there will even be certain weapons that are only effective against planet cores (*cough* death star *cough*). Blowing up a planet will result in the segment blowing of the surface.
    Although he didnt say anything about reforming one, but to be honest i think it makes more sense to not be able to do that.

Reactions: DarthHonky
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If there would be a way to create new planets i will support it.

Destroying planets would be a feature great to show in trailers, but (IMO) insignificant when playing (as for now the planets don't have much purpose in game). But if that wouldn't need much work from Schema then why not?

Reaction score
    planet have plenty of uses like near infnet spliese of rock and ores and they make great bases

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Bases on planets have both cons and pros.

Right now planets are used only for resource gathering (which is more efficient done by factories) and as a scenery for players bases. And that's not much.

Planets need more purpose (o2 gathering, breeding and mixing animals, cities, etc.) so they would be a vital aspect of the game. At least i think they should have a major role in game.

Reactions: DarthHonky
    Reaction score
    A terraforming option would be kinda neat, to allow us to convert a planet from one type into another (ie, turn an Ice planet into a Terrestrial planet). Once the critters are added in, planets should become a much more interesting and useful place too! :)