New handheld weapons for astronauts and NPCs.

Reaction score
    As we all know, currently the only handheld gun in the game is the little pistol you often start with other than the healing beam and power supply. If we are going to have NPC creatures on planets, stations, and ships, why not have more than just the pistol?

I was think about suggesting SMGs, shotguns, assault rifles, other pistol types, laser guns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, miniguns, and possibly more. The idea on how you could acquire these would be by going to a Black Market shop (Or the current shops we have, just wanted to make a creative suggestion) Or by raiding pirates. You could purchase ammunition as well from shops or loot it of course. Another method for obtaining weapons could be by crafting them with the brand new system we have. If a different type of shop is out of the question to be implemented just for guns, we could use the current ones to buy and sell them with credits of course.

Each weapon as described above would have its own mechanics, rate of fire, ammo, recoil, range, damage per projectile, magazine size, and the clip. Having a variety of handheld weapons would enable us to defend ourselves far more efficiently. Why should every single battle on foot rely purely on pistols? It'd be fun to have epic shootouts on the interior of ships, stations, and builds on planets.

Having lots more guns and hand tools in the game alone would be really nice and extremely appreciated, just a suggestion, not a demand.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ehh... I don't know about this one. In Starmade's current state, there is no boarding or planet raids or anything. Nobody ever gets out of their ship to do any sort of fighting.

Reaction score
    Ehh... I don't know about this one. In Starmade's current state, there is no boarding or planet raids or anything. Nobody ever gets out of their ship to do any sort of fighting.
    True but with the upcomign updates, NPC creatures and people for planets, space stations, and ships, we have a valid reason to add them.

Reaction score
    I can just imagine imagine shooting down a poor, alien piggy with my sniper rifle.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This has no doubt been thought of before. It is probably not a priority because there is little out-of-ship content other than the crafting system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    And they have said that it is something they are going to add.

At a later date.

Reaction score
    How about a "weapon" item that lets you customize your weapon like building a ship, except with much smaller pixels. Kinda like in cubeworld but 3d instead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel like the forum mods should sticky a list of features that will be added eventually to the top of the suggestions list.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    How about a "weapon" item that lets you customize your weapon like building a ship, except with much smaller pixels. Kinda like in cubeworld but 3d instead.
    I actually like your idea, and would vote on it if we could get enough support from the community. I had thoughts about suggesting it awhile ago. If you could fully customize hand held guns, like choose if you want more damage at the cost of longer reload, rapid fire at the cost of less damage per projectile, and weapons with large and high damage projectiles could have a smaller clip and magazine. As you said, like ships, we could customize the shape, size, color, and details on it. I guess depending on if it could be coded into the game, it might be possible.