New GameMode is coming soon: Coop-Deathstar

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Progress: AI

I've been working on an Artificial Intelligence structure for the past few days. The idea is to have an efficient method to automatically control big numbers of ships from the AI module on the server.
    I love making AI, because the feeling you get, when for the first time your own 'creation' comes after you is indescribable. StarMade now supports about 80+ individual AI-Entities on state-of-the-art computers without trouble.
    The first AI behavior I created is a simple 'Search-And-Destroy' algorithm:
    Search for a target -> get to the target -> eliminate target
    The algorithm also includes basic evading of other objects, so ships wouldn't get stuck on asteroids or other structures, and have overall a better cloud behavior.
    In the later stages, I added functions for the AI to attack structures of any size. Here is a picture of a Deathstar, which is getting attacked by about 50 AI ships

Mod your own ship to fight against as an AI
    The nice thing is, that you can use any ship you created as an AI. Build some fast interceptors, heavy bombers, or tanks and test their fighting ability against yourself or other of your creations with AI.

How to test the new AI
    At the moment I have implemented the structure and basics of the AI system, but there is no real integration in the game yet. Integration of this structure will become the focus on the new mode "Coop-Deathstar", which will be released in a few days.

New Mode: Coop-Deathstar
    This new mode will feature the new AI system. You and your friends are given a certain amount of time and credits to build up your ship. If the time runs out, the next wave of enemies will attack your base. The shop will be a save haven, where enemies will not attack you. However, the shop will be far enough away from your base, so you can't just defend your base from there.
    The waves of enemies will become gradually stronger.
    Also, a ship level selection for the waves is planned. Players themselves can vote on which ships are considered strong and weak.
    Thanks for the Interest in StarMade,
    schema

Reaction score
    Hmm i have to say i have a massive dreadnaught class ship
    bigger than 4 deathstars and well i can\'t really push it to its potential due to the amount of unpressidented fire power
    but now i can do this by piting it up against its SELF !!!!!!