New Features in Dev 0.1703 [MF Live]

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Last night on the Stream we were Visited by the Cat and he shared some information on upcoming features in the next build. As per usual I can only divulge what is in Dev. Please be aware this does not represent the completed feature, however does show what you are looking forward to with these.

Adv. Build Block Replace filter
    Shoot Missiles 5m radius hitbox

Free Cam Returns! Double Shift!

As always, Thanks for reading the thread and/or watching the videos :D

Fly Safe & Have Fun!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    BUT! Can cluster missiles target other missiles? If so...

edit: Oh fuck those turrets ARE engaging missiles

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Wait... that means it will be possible that we accidentally destroy our own missiles? :eek:
    And what about the hp? Will it be calculated from missile's damage?

Last edited:
    Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    that is amazing!!! I cant wait for heavy flack fire shredding through missile salvos :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yaaay. Now the little point-defense turrets on my Avar-Kiaan-class Aethi Cruiser will actually mean something. (This is what they were designed to do, originally; they weren't supposed to pull aggro on mobs (They do that and end up dying instantly.) ) Also, now my shuttles shouldn't get wrecked as much since the missiles will get picked off.

Reaction score
    Yaaay. Now the little point-defense turrets on my Avar-Kiaan-class Aethi Cruiser will actually mean something. (This is what they were designed to do, originally; they weren't supposed to pull aggro on mobs (They do that and end up dying instantly.) ) Also, now my shuttles shouldn't get wrecked as much since the missiles will get picked off.
    So does this mean a type of suppression tactic is now open? I like it.

Also huge improvement on the build block feature there with the replacement feature. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that this is a major improvement in shipbuilding. It will also have a good future-proofing feature for those who made ships from before the new shields.

Although I have a more sinister plan for this...can you say 'hardened hull planet'? I can. I pronounce it 'Death Star'...

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So does this mean a type of suppression tactic is now open? I like it.

Also huge improvement on the build block feature there with the replacement feature. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that this is a major improvement in shipbuilding. It will also have a good future-proofing feature for those who made ships from before the new shields.

Although I have a more sinister plan for this...can you say 'hardened hull planet'? I can. I pronounce it 'Death Star'...
    You're late to the party, bro.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think he used commands to remove the core. The planet and the center shouldn't be the same thing. It is either a station or a ship.
    Although it doesn't really matter how he did it. It's the fact that he did it that counts.

Reactions: Mered4

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think he used commands to remove the core. The planet and the center shouldn't be the same thing. It is either a station or a ship.
    Although it doesn't really matter how he did it. It's the fact that he did it that counts.
    It's a bug. I used the Death Star to kill the planet, then the plates came back together. I blew one of the plates to kingdom come, and presto! Death Star parking garage!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So, is there a way to shoot down/repel cannon rounds and beams? Cause if not then it's pretty freaking unfair to missile users... It will also encourage making super big arrays to fire as many missiles as possible in order to be sure of getting a hit, which is meh.

Don't get me wrong, I think that it's a really cool feature but it has some flaws :( (such as the possibility to become completely immune to a weapon, unless there's some balance stuff I'm not aware of).

Apart from that, yaaaay for orbital cam :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's a bug. I used the Death Star to kill the planet, then the plates came back together. I blew one of the plates to kingdom come, and presto! Death Star parking garage!
    any chance i can get a stripped down version of ur death star? (shell only preferably)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think the big question now is, what about chairs? They're supposed to be in this build too, right?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hah! You think that will save you!?

Hey, I need a console like that in my ship's bridge... I already have the missiles installed after all... It can fire like 12 bright yellow missiles simultaneously, counting turrets..