New Docking System?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I just came back to the game after a month or two and can't get the docking to work. I have a ship with a rail docker module, pointed it at another object with a basic rail module, but when I try to dock I get an error message that says: 'Cannot dock. Can't mix rails with old docking system.'

I looked through the last two or three update posts but couldn't find anything about changing the docking system, and I'm not seeing a new block in my inventory that looks like I should be using instead.
    [doublepost=1534032971,1534031939][/doublepost]Okay, I just messed around a little more, and apparently the problem was that I put the basic rail module on one of the old derelict space stations and tried docking a ship to it, I tried docking my ships with each other and it worked fine.
    [doublepost=1534033028][/doublepost]So any ideas why the basic rail module wont work on the station?

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Try to look for all of the old-style docks. Remove them and the game should realize it and allow normal rails to function.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It wont work with the derelict/pirate stations because they all have the old box dimensional docks on them, and the game wont allow ships using the rail system to dock to ships that have even one of those old modules on it.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    The rail dock(old) and turret dock(old) will be little silver boxes underneath the turrets on the old stations. point the build mode camera at one, and use camera selection in the remove/replace tab of advanced build mode to ez upgrade.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    The selection tool using remove/replace will solve your problem pretty quickly, just use a massive build area and replace all the old blocks with hull or something.