New Contest? Cargo Haulers

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since inventory is soon to require actual in-game volume, it will make sense for both the Trade Guild and the Pirates to need and use cargo craft. The Traders will need them to move inventory. The Pirates will need them to loot their victims.

So, is it time for the next building contest?

Reactions: BDLS and Cornedo
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Finally have an excuse to dust off that old cargo hauler BP and finish it.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For whatever reason it seems that Schine intends to build its own pirate/scavenger and trading guild ships when the time comes. :|

Furthermore, this will not happen for a while seeing as AI faction revamps are still probably something of a long way off.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Finally have an excuse to dust off that old cargo hauler BP and finish it.
    Speaking of that, I might redo my old cargo-express-ship [10:1 thrust:mass; 2 slots for containers{20K+ storage blocks per container}]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For whatever reason it seems that Schine intends to build its own pirate/scavenger and trading guild ships when the time comes. :|

Furthermore, this will not happen for a while seeing as AI faction revamps are still probably something of a long way off.
    Still, its a good time to refit those old haulers for the cargo update anyway. Might just use my ships for the TG anyway, none of the pirates on my server use Isanths anymore, why stick to the defaults if you don't have to?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Bumpity bump...

You've all inspired the hell out of me so now it's my turn to try and return the favor.

I hereby submit the Voyager Class Combat Utility Craft as a first contestant.

Type: Light combat utility spacecraft.

Combined Mass: 2,012 (approximately 1,000 when unloaded)
    Power grid: 1,137,000 (489,000 charge/s)
    Shield: 112,000 (1023 charge/s)
    Thrust 2,550

Armament
    - Auto Cannons
    - Guided Missiles
    - Defensive turrets
    - Point defense units.

Special Equipment
    - Automated salvager attachment
    - Mobile Warehouse module (Sorts items and provides cargo storage)
    - Jump Drive
    - Jump inhibitor
    - Transporters (ship does not drop its shields for transport)

Not enough space? Try the Pathfinder Class Transport. Double the cargo, triple the shields...

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Yup let's do it anyway. Someone else want to start a thread in the community thread?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would be neat if Tg and pirate cargo spaces could spawn in random materials to loot, then ditch the loot cloud system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Since inventory is soon to require actual in-game volume, it will make sense for both the Trade Guild and the Pirates to need and use cargo craft. The Traders will need them to move inventory. The Pirates will need them to loot their victims.

You mean like these but update with cargo?
    Should be fun and easy to up date them.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    No.

Look at last time, lots of great entries won, but no consistent themes were shared, and everything feels out of place, especially the pirate stations. IMO Zeno's fuel station is the only one that won that should be updated and continue to be in the game, as it is the closest in style to the spawn station

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The current project.
    Designed to offload cargo box. Capacity 2.6 million.
    Retractable landing gear for different size containers and landing.
    Large crew quarters compared to other ship in image.
    Not complete but thought I would throw it out there to give people ideas.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    fyi, there isn't actually going to be a contest like this. Perhaps this thread should be moved to General or Shipyard.
    Schine is creating there own assets for each faction so that there will be a unified style based on the developing lore and roles. You can see the Trade Guild's new cargo ship here.
    However it has been stated that there will be contests in the future for the more random procedurally generated factions. I'm a little vague on how those will work, but Bench posted something somewhere. (I know, that doesn't help at all)

Having said that, please continue posting those screens of your Haulers. :D Those are some awesome looking builds.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    fyi, there isn't actually going to be a contest like this. Perhaps this thread should be moved to General or Shipyard.
    Schine is creating there own assets for each faction so that there will be a unified style based on the developing lore and roles. You can see the Trade Guild's new cargo ship here.
    However it has been stated that there will be contests in the future for the more random procedurally generated factions. I'm a little vague on how those will work, but Bench posted something somewhere. (I know, that doesn't help at all)

Having said that, please continue posting those screens of your Haulers. :D Those are some awesome looking builds.
    Even so nothing wrong with friendly competition to come up with ideas. Honestly a trade guild with one type of ship? So yep making more for my own servers anyway.

To that end my latest http://starmadedock.net/content/space-hauler-grh02.3866/

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Or how about this one.
    You beat me to it, but here, anyway...

As silly (and often just BAD) as the program was, I had to hand it to them for honestly trying to come up with ships and structures based on plausible, practical designs. Nearly 40 years later, the Eagle transporter stands out as a vehicle which may actually be built as a lunar utility craft.

Reactions: GRHayes
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You beat me to it, but here, anyway...

As silly (and often just BAD) as the program was, I had to hand it to them for honestly trying to come up with ships and structures based on plausible, practical designs. Nearly 40 years later, the Eagle transporter stands out as a vehicle which may actually be built as a lunar utility craft.
    Only problem with it is the same as with what I just made maneuvering thrusters aren't adequate for landing. It would require something on the same power level of the rear thruster system facing down to slow decent even on the moon with its low gravity.
    That assuming the keep using thrusters and don't move over to something like an inertial drive system.