NeonSturm's thread

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The things you are allowed to know about my real me:

I was the first time on a PC (regularly) 2003/4, but only for a hour each day.

1 years later, I have written a login-screen (with picture and background ripped from system-folders) as word Visual Basic 6 Macro >:-} I could spend more time for about a half year only

But I needed to wait till 2008 to get internet-access with my PC (not only in school).

After I got internet, I learned much about HTML, PHP and CSS. Later (last 3-4 years) about Java and JavaScript (I didn't like it in it's early developement).

I also know LUA from http://springrts.com, partially Assembler/C and Linux scripts.

Now I am focusing on how to get a programming language to support "code within comments", don't require you to register each variable, multiple-class heredity through modular concepts, etc.

I am tired to write 5 times in 5 classes and then only be able to extend one of them with a child-class and inspired by the method X3-Reunion (a game) has choosen. But I need a good underlaying concept before I start this project. And I need to do get "something" done in my real life first.

Instead of making my own language, I want to build upon others - an compiler to Java and JavaScript which is able by itself to choose variable-types (and use a construct if required). Then I just need to convert header and documentary files, not re-invent the weel (rewrite all libraries).

I don't have much experience with how to use shaders and other graphic card stuff (required for a game like StarMade for example), but I am curious on topics like compiler, AI topics and memory management.

Don't know what else I can say.

Computer/Technik is my primary hobby. It is the future!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am collecting ideas for a more abstract game btw. I am collecting ideas since two years, but no commerzial game - not even starmade and space engineers or open source like springrts.com - has combind all aspects in one game.

I am inspired by the first \"ShellCore Command\" and since then looking for modular buildable ships, instead of pure strategy (Like Age of Empires or Warhammer 40k Dark Crusade) or RPG and Storyline games.

The perfect game (for me) would be:

• From X3 - Reunion: Quests, Trade system, Especially the Ingame-Script editor for mods.
    • From StarMade: Custom blocks. Free-to-play. High-end resolution or things requested by a minority of players can be commercial. Also the multiplayer option for the latest releases (1 month) if singleplayer dev builds are available to all players.
    • From Space Enginners: Rotable parts and crash damage if you fly with light speed into a planet. Smooth objects (only asteroids :/ ).
    • From \"ShellCore Command\" - a flash 2D game: Combination of roleplay and strategy with buildable ships.
    • From StarTrek: The different FTL-systems combined in one movie.
    • From Warhammer / Starcraft : Balance of hp vs damage in warhammer and big vs small units in both.
    • Earth2150/60: Modular bases (Especially Earth2160).

Everything has it\'s advantages, but none of these combine everything together.

But my primary goal right now is to get rid of all annoyances in Java by writting a cross-codeLanguage translator for Java NeonCode.

• php uses $ to start variables and is slow, also made for servers
    • Java uses a lot of signs which are hard to reach on german keyboards. {[]}/ are just examples.

In Java

• I am also tired to spend 1/2 time writting getters/setters and redundant stuff or use brackets for functions if the useage of a function or direct variable read could be choosen by a compiler, public and private just be a r/w character in the variable definition like with chmod on linux file-systems.
    • And I miss (most languages) a feature to merge the functionality of multiple parent classes and custom child code.
    • I am not a fan of writing this.treeList.parent.object when you could just do this.parent - especially in more complex programms.
    • I also don\'t like that you have to define a variable type, even if you just transfer a result to a parameter
    • have to write object-code stuff for multiple return values

I want to fix this and not spend 1/2 of my life on workarounds and write redundant information while I write code.

If a solution exists, I haven\'t found it jet though I spend a lot of time searching for one.