Need help on how to build things that rotate 90 degrees when activated and then rotate back

Reaction score
    I an trying to build a big rotating door. So far I have it on a turret axis block, I know that is not the way to do it because I have to get in the core and rotate it manually. My question is how do you make that rotate 90 degrees with a button push, and then rotate -90 back to its original position? Thanks

Reaction score
    You need either the counter- or clockwise rail rotator, not the turret-axis.

Then place a button or activation module next to the rotator.

To set up a certain degree of rotation you need to connect activation modules to the rail rotator touching button and activate as much as you want it to rotate in percentage.

Better explained:

Reactions: Neon_42
    Reaction score
    To set the degree rotation you can have them touch as JinM indicated, or you can link them by hitting the rotator with "C", then linking it to an activation module with "V". Each activation module adds 45°, so you will need 2, and both activation modules will need to ON/TRUE/BLUE.

Reaction score
    I an trying to build a big rotating door. So far I have it on a turret axis block, I know that is not the way to do it because I have to get in the core and rotate it manually. My question is how do you make that rotate 90 degrees with a button push, and then rotate -90 back to its original position? Thanks
    For your "switch": Use a BUTTON connected to a FLIP which is then connected to a NOT. The FLIP then activates one state and the NOT the other.

For your door "hinges": Use 2 BUTTONS. One directly adjacent to a counterclockwise rail and the other directly adjacent to a clockwise rail. Connect both buttons directly to the rail rotator that you are swinging your door on and connect the FLIP and NOT from the last stage to the buttons.

Make sure you connect the actual hinge that the door rotates on to 8 ACTIVATORS, 2 of which should be activated. This will give you your 90 degrees.