NASS DOWN

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Something has gone wrong in the recent update. We're still looking into the problem.

However NASSZONE will be hosting an event at the same time so if you attempt to join you'll not be allowed on as the event is whitelist only.

After the event if we can't recover the server we might have to do a universe reset.

The event runs today and tomorrow. Hopefully we can get NASS Main back online before it finishes.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Something has gone wrong in the recent update. We're still looking into the problem.

However NASSZONE will be hosting an event at the same time so if you attempt to join you'll not be allowed on as the event is whitelist only.

After the event if we can't recover the server we might have to do a universe reset.

The event runs today and tomorrow. Hopefully we can get NASS Main back online before it finishes.
    I hope a universe reset will not be required. It would be a shame to lose the NZ Colony. I wish you the best of luck in getting it working again.

Also: Good luck with the blood and steel

Reactions: MossyStone48

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I return with bad news.

The NASS Main DB has proven very broken. We have several offsite backups and none have worked. Synchronization was a little too good I suppose. Instead of a rollback to the last working version we're going to try a new universe. This will fix several issues including asteroid lag.

In the event we can get the old universe to load again we'll contact the groups who return and stay active with a chance to recover their bases. That is no guarantee. IF your faction stayed active and IF we can get the universe loaded we might contact you for a chance to get some of your work back.

I'm considering offering some sort of incentive for returning factions.
    More than likely just a freebie protected sector adjacent to your faction home.
    To get this incentive you need to let me know in PM where you're going to home and the sector you'd like protected in addition.

All previous info from the old universe should carry over. It's just a new universe.
    Factions will have to be remade tho.
    Blueprints should be preserved as long as you login with the same account and IGN you saved them under.
    Scripted functions like the bank should also remain functional.

Todo:
    Login, check your blueprints and bank.
    Setup your faction.
    Get to a sector you'd like to make home-base and make a station (only 20k still)
    PM the co-ords of the adjacent sector you'd like protected (1 per faction)
    Get out there and rebuild. Better than before.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    I return with bad news.

The NASS Main DB has proven very broken. We have several offsite backups and none have worked. Synchronization was a little too good I suppose. Instead of a rollback to the last working version we're going to try a new universe. This will fix several issues including asteroid lag.

In the event we can get the old universe to load again we'll contact the groups who return and stay active with a chance to recover their bases. That is no guarantee. IF your faction stayed active and IF we can get the universe loaded we might contact you for a chance to get some of your work back.

I'm considering offering some sort of incentive for returning factions.
    More than likely just a freebie protected sector adjacent to your faction home.
    To get this incentive you need to let me know in PM where you're going to home and the sector you'd like protected in addition.

All previous info from the old universe should carry over. It's just a new universe.
    Factions will have to be remade tho.
    Blueprints should be preserved as long as you login with the same account and IGN you saved them under.
    Scripted functions like the bank should also remain functional.

Todo:
    Login, check your blueprints and bank.
    Setup your faction.
    Get to a sector you'd like to make home-base and make a station (only 20k still)
    PM the co-ords of the adjacent sector you'd like protected (1 per faction)
    Get out there and rebuild. Better than before.
    Please check your pm, I have a few things to discuss.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    i see nothing in my mailbox here.
    also guys do me a fav, justa real solid, and don't format your messages to me like they are official correspondence. i can appreciate RP and good grammar but i like to keep thins lax n informal. i get too much of that BS irl.

Last edited: