my Navis is on build

Reaction score
    just looking feedback. this is my Mors Navis build. it will be a mobile space base Class.

more picture to come 20171010232830_1.jpg

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    On something that huge, I'd reccomend breaking up the chamfer on the front end to 2 or 3 "tiers" of chamfer, giving you a couple "decks" on which to mount turrets so they can all over-fire each other without shooting each other in the back.

-> if you don't have your drones/fighters/whatever already created, do a quick mock-up to make sure you have enough space set aside for bays & launchers.

-> rails are going to be fun, might want to build them up before putting any serious interior detail.

->pick up points should be placed at least 1.5* the longest dimension of the drone/whatever's max length away from the main ship hull. it helps with collisions. Based on the dimensions I see it'd be a good idea to have the PUP and launch locations expanded to the top/bottom to minimize the extra dimensions.
    -->additionally pickup points, rails in general have annoying interaction with things like plexdoors. As in, they take up at least one cube out of the door's face(usually). Docked "water" force-fields, or using rails themselves as a logic door can bypass this.

Reaction score
    On something that huge...phew! - personally, my reading of history is that Giant Carriers and Dreadnoughts have never really worked out well for navies, becoming liabilities and mill-stones all too easily...Good Luck!

Reaction score
    had to make a few changes to the front in the design.
    yes. it will have drones
    yes. it will have drop pods+ escape pods
    and ships mounted onto the ship's hull

and i will be doing the outer hull before the inner ship