My first rather large Ship - Thoughts?

Reaction score
    Hello guys,

so I build my first somewhat large ship yesterday and was wondering if it actually lokes like something - since I sat there and build for like 7 or 8 Hours I am not entirely sure anymore. :D

http://imgur.com/a/ykyAC

Basically I like the whole front part but I am not so sure about everything thats behind the hangar..

Anyway, thoughts and tips wanted! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Looks really nice. I like the unique shape.

I\'m wondering if you knew that docking enhancers don\'t need to be anywhere near the docking module.

The glass under the docking looks great. - But perhaps move the enhancers someplace else? (You can use Shift+V to connect a group of enhancers to a module.)

I really like the glass under a dock. I may borrow that idea. I think perhaps some braces under it would look pretty cool. Like the glass was held in by it.

The kinda bulb looking front is awesome, has a slight Romulan feel to it.

Nice job! :).

Reaction score
    Thanks! :)

I\'m wondering if you knew that docking enhancers don\'t need to be anywhere near the docking module.

Yea, I do know that. I was trying to put the enhancers where the grey borders are but I couldn\'t get the docking box to be how it should be - sometimes they just behave weird. I thought it could look pretty nice if I actually fit them into the glass like that you see where the ship is actually docked, not just a single module in a floor of glass.

I really like the glass under a dock. I may borrow that idea. I think perhaps some braces under it would look pretty cool. Like the glass was held in by it.

Me too. :D Was just a random thought as I was designing the hangar (it\'s not 100% finished though, the whole interior needs a bit more design) and I was like \"meh, this floor is way too flat\".

I thought about putting some braces in too but I wanted that you can actually see through the whole glass - I might add some to the docking enhancers though, they do look like \"need this, no time for design\".

I was wondering how this ship would work in PvP. It is actually very agile (like 2:1 thrust/mass ratio) and has huge firepower (just destroyed a pirate station in a few seconds). Shields are at ~250k at 8500/s. However, all weapons are facing forward - I could destroy anything that faces me in a few seconds but since the hangar is open and I got no turrets (no idea where to put them and how to make them look good) even a small ship could just rush down/behind/in the hangar and fire at will. Are people actually that smart when it comes to fighting? Haven\'t played on online servers yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey it looks great for a first attempt, very nice work. If you find your lacking in power or sheilding, try finding some way to add on some thick wing like structures you can fit more power into, maybe some engine podes you can sneak more into and the like. Over all great work.

Reaction score
    But you gotta do something with that colour scheme.

*steriotypical interior designer voice*

Blue/brown/black doesn\'t go together.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I disagree with the fellow above. The brown/black/blue scheme works, but it\'s the green that has me scratching my head. Otherwise, great ship bro. Not bad at all.

Reaction score
    It sure is an original design :D The part of the ship behind the hangar looks good, but a little bit thin though.

Reaction score
    interiors is that white, with black in the corners draws the eye around, and contrasts nicely with each other. I\'m attempting to get DFN to switch over to that scheme for the interiors...

But anyways, you can also add your own colors to the white and black scheme to make it your own. I\'ve found that adding horizontal stripes along hallways, as well as lighting really makes it look unique.