Multi Entity Display Modules

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I had been working on my station recently and ran into a bit of an issue. I had used a rail rotator to rotate a small ship with display modules on it. This allowed me to me to make my displays diagonally (shown in first image).

Latter I added a "Command Console" using display blocks. One of the features was to read/save text data. Once I finished that I came to the realization that there was no way to send any of that data to my "Message Board Screens" in the center of the station.

My suggestion to allow transmission of display module data from one entity to another is fairly straght forward. Step 1: place wireless block with display module on top on first entity. Step 2: do the same on entity two. Step 3: Connect wireless block on entity 2 to its display module.

Ideally when linked, and activated the info on the first display module would be sent to the module on the second display module. An image of what I am thinking is below. Though its on the same entity it still illustrates the concept.

Just a fast and dirty idea to fix my issue. Let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm in a similar bind wanting to transfer display data between entities for a factory I'm building.
    This idea would certainly sort out most if not all the issues I'm having to work around.

Nice work! :)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's been suggested before but still definitely a cool thing that needs to happen.