Much Needed Buff on Dis-Integrator

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I personally feel that as it is now, the disintegrator is next to useless. Considering that it does a fixed amount of damage and cannot stack, it limits its use considerably, not to mention that shields can nullify all disintegrator damage completely.

I have a few ideas for how this can be improved, perhaps increase the damage in the same manner that cannons etc increase damage.

As for shields, i feel that having a certain percentage of penetration for shields is neccessary, as these explosives have the setback of damaging your ship, as well as needing to collide with something to detonate.

I hope my ideas are considered, thank you for reading.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think dis-intigrator eplosives should bypass shields, as dis-intigratpr ateering rams are solid, unlike beams and lasers. You are also physical, and you can go through a ship\'s shield (via PlexDoor, but that is besides the point). :P

Reaction score
    For the record, if you open a plexdoor, you don\'t pass through a shield, the shield is gone from that area thus the argument that physical objects should pass through shields has no ground because as of right now we have no evidence that any physical object can pass through shields, HOWEVER, i think that dis-integrators, rather than passing through shields should instead have a shield damage multiplier so for the sake of the example if a single dis-integrator impacted a shield now it should do 100 damage, but with the multiplier a single one would do 300 damage, or even more. and possibly this effect would even stack with the more of the dis-integrators that are linked together.

Also making a battering ram while a great way to actually use dis-integrators, is a silly idea, ideally you would use dis-integrators for mines or bombs that are docked to a bomber then forced to undock via the command for it in the weapons panel, using the bomber\'s own velocity to carry the bomb all the way to it\'s target.