MrFURB Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username MrFURB

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): Central Standard (GMT -6:00)

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? I'm capable of reliably putting aside about 15 hours a week for council duties. The actual time should usually be higher, anywhere between 15-30 hours a week depending on external factors such as time of year and how the work is scheduled.

How long have you been playing StarMade? I have been a recognizable member of the community for two and a half years now, though I have been playing Starmade for a bit longer than that. It's hard to put an exact date on when I began playing Starmade but I'm going to guess it's been just under three years, and quite a journey.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? What I've done with Starmade has naturally changed over time. I've had bouts of lone-wolfing, long periods of silent building, and even a few runs at leading a faction.
    At this point of time my focus is on building with emergent technology and testing my creations with occasional PvP duels. Right now I'm utilizing a build server to facilitate this, but have plans to move to a survival server for further... Testing.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? For a long time I have been curious about the design process behind games and have sought to understand things from the point of view of both the players and the developers. I believe that quality combined with good social skills help me to facilitate enjoyable discussions on both specific parts of the game as well as the more broad subjects related to design and theory.
    My schedule for the foreseeable future is flexible, so I'm capable of attending pretty much any events I may need to.
    I'm a quick and willing learner (or so I hear) and I hope I can integrate into the council's infrastructure without a hitch.

What are some of your weaknesses? It has often been said that there are times when a lack of self-assertion can cause more harm than good, such as when it is called for in the guidance of an open discussion. I'm sure that others could also name a few quirks of my personality that I don't immediately recognize.

What motivates you to become a council member? Starmade is an opportunity. Perhaps one of the largest ones in today's games industry. Starmade could easily do things in player interaction and game-play emergence that even sandbox massively multiplayer online games can't accomplish... And all with the personal customization to tailor to a wide player-base.
    I just want to do what I can to help realize that opportunity.

How do you contribute to the community currently? I currently serve as a moderator for the Starmadedock website and as a common voice in discussion threads. I have plans on submitting most of the vessels I'm working on to community content and hopefully that will end up sparking a shipyard thread.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

0 Warning Points

Status
    Not open for further replies.